2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Y'know what always gets me about newspapers/transfer rumours?

The fact that if a transfer actually happens that they suggested could go through, it's shoved down our throats with the whole "WE BROKE THE NEWS!" thing, yet they aren't quick to criticise themselves when the other 95% of the stuff they make up never actually comes to fruition. I'm looking at you, The Sun. :angry:

And yes, that list looks silly - it doesn't even have Cristiano Ronaldo to Man Utd in the summer on it.

The list amused me with it's ideas of Charles N'Zogbia to Liverpool and Drogba and van Nistelrooy to Spurs and an Arsenal of Scott Parker, Gary Cahill and Phil Jones.

That would be an interesting world.

• Admin
Relegated Blackpool have offered midfielder Charlie Adam a 12-month contract extension.

The club turned down offers for Adam from Tottenham and Liverpool in January, but may find it difficult to hold on to him in the Championship.

Meanwhile, Matt Gilks, Stephen Crainey, David Vaughan and Brett Ormerod have been offered new contracts.

But the club are preparing for their campaign outside the top flight by releasing 11 squad players.

Paul Rachubka, Richard Kingson, Rob Edwards, Danny Coid, Malaury Martin, Marlon Harewood, Jason Euell, David Carney, Andy Reid, Salaheddine Sbai and Ishmel Demontagnac have all been told to find new clubs.

"Blackpool Football Club would like to thank all of those players departing for their efforts and wishes them all the very best for the future," said a club statement.

As well as Adam, Keith Southern, Neal Eardley, Ian Evatt, Billy Clarke, Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Louis Almond have all been offered 12-month contract extensions.

Young players Mark Halstead and Ash Eastham have also been handed new contracts.

Bolton have confirmed the release of Johan Elmander, Jlloyd Samuel, Joey O'Brien and Tamir Cohen following the expiration of their contracts.

Boss Owen Coyle said they were being let go for "footballing reasons".

Swedish striker Elmander, who joined in a £10m deal in 2008, is expected to join Turkish club Galatasaray.

Bolton also said Daniel Sturridge will go back to Chelsea after a loan spell, as will Rodrigo - to Benfica - while Ali Al-Habsi will return from Wigan.

"Daniel and Rodrigo have both come into the club on loan deals and done wonderfully well," said Coyle.

"We like young and exciting players at the football club and the two have shown they have the potential to continue to develop and grow."

West Brom are to open talks with Peter Odemwingie over a new contract, the player's agent has confirmed. Theyhave have released a trio of first-team squad players in Abdoulaye Meite, Gianni Zuiverloon and Giles Barnes. The Baggies have taken up one-year options on left-back Marek Cech and striker Roman Bednar.

Same regarding the transfer things, apparently we're only interested in 4 players? Although I have heard rumours with them all quite recently, but it misses off David Vaughan where a 3-year deal is apparently already about to be accepted and seems to be the most advanced of any transfer. Certainly more so that Ba or N'Zogbia, so it's a little odd.

PS Apparently Leeds' cheapest adult ST this year is like £550, can one of the Leeds fans please confirm whether or not this will be to pay for George McCartney's astronomical wages on a full time basis? Please please please please please let it be so!

Absolutely no way, not after Bates slagged him off in the press... besides I think Grayson realised he was wank by the end of the season

We've signed John Sutton (:D) and Jamie Hamill (any Killie fan shed light if he's good) today.

Apparently also signed Danny Grainger from St. Johnstone.

Zander Diamond too but I'd rather not talk about that one because I hate him and he's the worst player I've ever seen.

Hamill is a decent player. He's worryingly prone to have the odd disaster game but most of the time he's reliable enough, and very versatile. I think we'll miss him, but he's not of great importance, and should be replaced fairly easily. .JJ loves his old players, so I'm not too surprised.

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea has denied he has agreed to join Manchester United and insisted he will not consider his future until after June's European Under-21 Championships.

On Tuesday, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said that the club were close to landing the talented 20-year-old.

De Gea's lawyer, though, has made it clear that no deal has been signed.

He added: "De Gea will not consider the contract extension offer from Atletico - or any other offer - until 30 June."

Speculation in both England and Spain had suggested De Gea would complete a switch to Old Trafford in the next couple of weeks.

United are looking for a keeper to succeed Edwin van der Sar, who retires at the end of this season.

"We've been working on it [the deal] for quite a while," said Ferguson after Gary Neville's testimonial on Tuesday.

"He is young, very quick, good composure, presence and an outstanding replacement for Van der Sar."

De Gea made 45 appearances for Spanish side Atletico Madrid this season, keeping an impressive 24 clean sheets to help his club finish seventh in La Liga.

Hypothetical (possibly soon to be real?) - Liverpool say they want to sign Barton, he has 12 months left on his contract at Newcastle. What would people (Newc fans particularly..) do?

12 months left, make him sit it out and then let him go for free

Accept only a bid above £Xm

Sell to the highest bidder in the end

See with 12 months to go there in a bit of a sticky situation because he'll be free in a year, but you probably won't get a big amount for him now. Force him to stay and play? (Lets face it he'll still turn in the good performances) and then let him go for free in a year or just take what you can for him now?

Just an interesting situation in my opinion and one that is being played out in real life for us now.

Stewart Downing stalls on signing a new contract with Villa.

I've previously heard there is interest from Arsenal and Sunderland, as well as Liverpool and Tottenham as the article states. I'm sure he'll be linked to more clubs before he actually puts pen to paper somewhere.

He did well last season, but I really can't see a place for him at the top tier of the Premiership, at least not on the first team. I'd quite like to see him go to Sunderland.

Why would he? Villa have much more potential than Sunderland with an attacking 3 of Young, Downing and Bent - and with a few more signings Villa could easily be challenging for a top 7 place. I can't see Sunderland making that jump without some serious rebuilding.

Hypothetical (possibly soon to be real?) - Liverpool say they want to sign Barton, he has 12 months left on his contract at Newcastle. What would people (Newc fans particularly..) do?

12 months left, make him sit it out and then let him go for free

Accept only a bid above £Xm

Sell to the highest bidder in the end

See with 12 months to go there in a bit of a sticky situation because he'll be free in a year, but you probably won't get a big amount for him now. Force him to stay and play? (Lets face it he'll still turn in the good performances) and then let him go for free in a year or just take what you can for him now?

Just an interesting situation in my opinion and one that is being played out in real life for us now.

I don't think Joey Barton would take too kindly to being "forced" to stay and play.

Hamill is a decent player. He's worryingly prone to have the odd disaster game but most of the time he's reliable enough, and very versatile. I think we'll miss him, but he's not of great importance, and should be replaced fairly easily. .JJ loves his old players, so I'm not too surprised.

Good to hear. Need someone who can play right back (I'm sure he can play there anyway unless I'm mixed up on players) or centre mid which are both the weakest parts of the team.

Apparently we're close to signing Taouil as well, I feel a bit guilty that we're just stealing half your team these days :P

Hamill does right back and centre midfield pretty well. He used to be centre midfield but we've been pretty strong there this season so he was shunted along to right back in place of Clancy who is rubbish.

Taouil is a weird one. No doubt you've seen all his tricks and turns on the telly, and he does that in matches too. Problem is, after he beats a player, he'll just go and try and beat him again. You don't really get an end result out of Mehdi. But he's brilliantly entertaining and I'll miss him a lot. Much more than Hamill.

And it is unfair! At least when JJ came to us he took the likes of Stevie Fulton, Gary McSwegan and Gary Wales. Not first teamers!