2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I'm actually a quite a bit upset Henderson has gone. Wish we were able to keep our best and brightest players. It's obviously a different ballgame with English players and when you look at the prices of other English players being sold then it fits quite well. If Liverpool aren't afraid to spend a lot of money - and they don't appear to be, then they're probably going to be in for a good season. Still.. regardless of the fee I wish we still had Henderson.. :(

On the other hand if Liverpool continue to build a team of young, English/British players then I may start to like them a bit more.

Sunderland have made bids for Wes Brown, Darron Gibson, and a third as of yet unnamed Manchester Utd player.

Welbeck is probably the third, but we ain't selling him so they fuck off.

Heard the third players meant to be O'Shea with a fee of about 12mil for all 3 together.

Also http://www.surrealfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/arry.jpg

Let's not forget that Brown played more Man Utd games than anybody else like three seasons ago. He may have slowed down over the past few years but I still think he'll be a decent signing for a team like Sunderland, especially with all his experience. Though he does seem like a prick. I think Gibson may floruish too. O'Shea will stay with Man Utd though I think.

People are willing to pay money for Wes Brown? :mellow:

Brown's career has just been horribly ravaged by injury, he would have been our stand-out defender in the double winning season had Vidic and Rio not had spectacular seasons as well, he played almost every game at right back and kept Ronaldo very well protected. He'd be a good signing for a team like Sunderland.

I will be one sad panda if John O'Shea is sold though, he's the fucking man.

Evans might be more suited to Sunderland instead of O'Shea, can't see a reason why O'Shea would want to leave anyways, there's no way Sunderland will match his 70k per week wages and he usually gets his fair share of games at United just because of his versatility.

I wouldn't mind Brown and Gibson going, they both have alot to offer for a team like Sunderland. Gibson could become a very good player if he started to play week-in week-out.

Birmingham have completed the signing of Chris Burke from Cardiff on a free transfer.

Usually, I'd say there's no point in moving to a team in the same division as yours when that division isn't the Premier League, but I think just about everyone has left Cardiff, so it's probably a good move. shifty.gif

Maybe we can convince them to take Obertan? :shifty:

Hey, Gabby has put in some fantastic performances, even if he has had shit games too.

But yeah, there's no way he's getting into the United side next season, especially if the Ashley Young rumour comes to fruition.

That and Birmingham have Europe plus a chance of promotion, surely Cardiff can't be up there again given that, as you say, half their players have left and they'll need to overspend again to be up there.

I'm pretty sure O'Shea will stay. I'd actually be pretty shocked if Gibson went as well. With Scholes already retired and Hargreaves gone, we will be pretty short of midfielders in the squad. Brown will definitely be off this summer though. As a right back he isn't bad, it's just at centre back that he really scares me.

Paying 16mil for a centre back in Jones is a strange one as we still need to buy De Gea, at least 1 midfielder (the two priorities) and probably Young too. Could be an expensive summer for us.