2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

• Admin

H'es not quite the finnished article yet. <_<

I know but at 19, if you're ever going to be a Premiership regular (for a top side, anyway), you should be able to play a lot more than 8 games in 2 years at League One level.

I agree. I was just making a play on words :P.

Matt Mills to Swansea?

H'es not quite the finnished article yet. <_<

I know but at 19, if you're ever going to be a Premiership regular (for a top side, anyway), you should be able to play a lot more than 8 games in 2 years at League One level.

I agree. I was just making a play on words :P.

Matt Mills to Swansea?

Oh, I see now, I didn't notice "finished" was spelt "finnished" before >_<

It's not like we needed a centre-back but he's an excellent prospect. Could definately see him and Smalling as our #1 centre-back pairing in a few years time.

If the deal goes through I could see Johnny Evans leaving this summer along with Wes Brown so there'll definately be a place in the squad for Jones, and with Rio's injury problems he should get a decent amount of games.

• Admin

Good luck to the lad, but can't help think he'd have been better off waiting and year or two and getting some more playing time under his belt first to iron out the kinks.

Still, £16m for him, so not going to complain.

The Henderson transfer the money we've been mugged off a bit but tbh i'm not surprised cause really any decent/young English player is overpriced anyway. I'm just happy to see the direction we are going with.

Owners even said they've got the idea of they are not afraid to spend money if its on young players who have the potential to get even better.

I'm kinda puzzled with the Phil Jones deal as I don't think United need another centre back especially with Smalling,Evans etc already there

Losing Jones is a blow, but we are going to get a good price for him and Hanley is/was rated by our reserve staff around a year ago to be better than Jones so I am not that worries about losing him. As RW said, we have more worrying team selection problems tp get in a fuss over. Good luck to the lad and he chose the right team to move on to.

• Admin

Is it true he played like 3 times more games at CM than CB last season? I read that on twitter. If that is the case, maybe SAF sees him more as a midfield player, then cover for Rio's injuries and Vida's inevitable suspensions.

Mainly because Samba & Nelsen were both fit at the start of the season, whereas the year before Jones came in to cover the injury problems. Allardyce's solution was to drop last year's player of the season (N'Zonzi) and shove Jones into his place - and to be fair to the lad, he didn't disappoint. Given his height, holding CM might be better suited to him in the long run.

In a new development in "lol West Ham" news they've had a £3 million bid for Kevin Nolan rejected.

Yeah because Nolan is going to leave, and take a most likeley take a paycut to go to the Championship! :lol:

• Like 1