2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I guess the interesting thing is that Daglish appears to have a set vision as to how he wants his new team to look like, which probably means he'll spend a lot more as he finds the exact players to fit his tactics.

Now, whether the drastic change in tactics will pay off is another story. But it sure beats buying a good player and suddenly realising that they won't fit into the starting 11, like Zhirkov <_<

Now, whether the drastic change in tactics will pay off is another story. But it sure beats buying a good player and suddenly realising that they won't fit into the starting 11, like Zhirkov <_<

I heart Zhirkov, but damn him if he doesn't spend half the season injured. Not helped by Ancelotti's refusal to drop Malouda even when he was on a 4 month run of awful form, of course.

Martin Jol to Fulham. Great to have him back in the Prem - he's great for Fulham - amazing appointment.

I retract my previous comment of Fulham finishing in the bottom three :shifty:

Great appointment for Fulham. Jol will do a good job with them.

I've heard that David NGog is apart of the deal and Sunderland have valued him as 8million towards this 20mil deal so it may be 12mil + Ngog...then again everythings saying different things half the time anyway

Henderson for £20m is one of those deals that will inevitably be discussed in the following manner:

"So is Henderson worth £20m?"

"Well, if Andy Carroll is worth £35m..."

So in other words, no.

Just makes the newspaper reports "Modric could go to Man Utd for £20mil" laughable.

Modric is worth at least £40m if Henderson is worth £20m. Saying that, if the N'Gog thing is true, then he's actually cost £14m cos N'Gog isn't worth more than £2m and that's being quite generous.

I don't think Henderson is worth that much, fair enough he had glimpses of class the last couple of seasons but £20 million? £12 million plus Ngog sounds like a better a deal though.

As for us, we're being strongly linked with Ashley Young again this morning, and also Phil Jones to United has popped up in the transfer gossip too. We need to seal the Young deal though, he could be a massive player for us. Am I right in saying that domestic transfers can go through now but for all other transfers the window opens on July 1st?

If Carroll can go for £35m, I see no reason why we shouldn't be asking for that much. But yeah, I'd say £6-8m is probably a "truer" value. Whatever that is anymore. If he went for less than £20m though I'd be a bit disappointed. And I don't want him to go at all.

He'll be integral at the U21's in my opinion. Played the first half against Norway and ran his socks off and was pulling the strings for Sturridge up front with his through balls.

I would say Carroll would've gone for a fair bit less had it not been the last day of the transfer window. But while I like Henderson, 20million is a heavily inflated price-tag. Maybe he'll prove his worth at 'Pool, and I echo the support for Kenny's clear direction he wants to take the club in. I think Liverpool could be a real force next season.

• Admin

It could be worse, your club could have stuck a £16m release clause into a new contract signed in January, for a player that will eventually go for £30m+

Cya phil jones

Just because he has the clause in his contract, doesn't mean he's going to go.

Most common consensus is he'll stay for a year at least - the clause is in there to give him future options.

And even if he does go, it's good business for us. £16m for a player who's played 34 senior games? No doubt he's shown he has some quality, but he's got no record of long-term consistency, and he still has flaws in his game (his decision making in tackling for one).

We'd still have Samba, Nelsen & Givet, with Hanley coming through as well. I'd be more concerned about the rumours Kean wants to give Benjani a contract extension, yet won't play Kalinic and will probably sell him this summer :(

According to Wikipedia he's 19 and has made just 8 appearances for Charlton in League One. If at 19, you're not up to playing a full-ish season at League One level, you're probably not cut out for the Premier League, but I guess we'll see.

H'es not quite the finnished article yet. <_<

I know but at 19, if you're ever going to be a Premiership regular (for a top side, anyway), you should be able to play a lot more than 8 games in 2 years at League One level.

I am disgusted at that price for Henderson. But meh, Kenny wants British players to work with and the half-decent ones will come at that price, so ah well. Sunderland are fully entitled to hold out for that much if not more, but Jesus we're getting fleeced these days. Suarez for £22m is looking more and more like a bargain every day.