2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I really hope Nasri doesn't go to Man U. I'd hope he stays at Arsenal since he was one of the best players they had last season by far, but if he has to go, go to anyone but Man U.

• Like 1

• Admin

Interesting story this, especially if you mention the incident mentioned.

Striker Nathan Tyson is set to move from Nottingham Forest to Derby County, BBC Radio Derby understands.

Rams chief executive Tom Glick is to meet with the former Reading man to discuss a contract.

The 29-year-old, who has turned down a new deal with Forest, scored 42 in goals in 213 appearances in a five-and-half-year stint at the City Ground.

The striker initially joined the Reds on loan from Wycombe Wanderers, before a £675,000 move in January 2006.

Tyson is not stranger to Derby supporters following an incident at the end of Forest's 3-2 victory over the Rams in August 2009.

Following the final whistle, Tyson ran across the pitch waving a corner flag.

He was confronted by Derby's players shortly before a large group of players and staff from both teams became involved in a tussle.

Both clubs were fined for the fracas and Tyson was handed a two-game suspension and a £5,000 fine.

• Admin
Premier League newcomers Swansea City have broken their transfer record with the £3.5m capture of Watford striker Danny Graham on a four-year deal.

Graham, 25, was top scorer in the Championship last season with 24 goals.

The deal includes a 15% sell-on clause on any profit above £3.5m, while his former club Carlisle United will get £470,000 from their sell-on clause.

Swansea beat off competition from the likes of fellow Premier League new boys Queens Park Rangers for Graham.

The south Wales club's previous record transfer was the £1m paid to Chelsea for Scott Sinclair.

Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers will now be reunited with Graham, as the pair worked together when Rodgers was manager at Vicarage Road.

Chairman Huw Jenkins said that Swansea were delighted to have got their man: "We have agreed all personal terms with Danny.

"He will have a medical and complete all the formalities once he returns from his holiday.

"Danny has also spoken to Brendan at length. He is thrilled to conclude the deal and is looking forward to the challenge of Premier League football with Swansea.

"He is a player we have admired for quite some time and as a football club we are delighted to get our man.

"Brendan is looking forward to working with him and there is no doubt he will strengthen our team for the new campaign.''

The Liberty Stadium club upped their initial £3m offer to £3.5m over the weekend and Watford accepted the bid.

Graham, who had one year remaining on his Watford contract, had attracted attention from several clubs including QPR and Norwich City, who were also promoted from the Championship and into the Premier League this season.

West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United were also reportedly interested in Graham but Swansea, who had a bid for the 6ft 1in frontman rejected at the start of last season, were the front-runners to sign him.

Swansea were aware of Graham's eye for goal as he scored in Watford's 1-1 draw at the Liberty Stadium in March - one of his 27 goals in all competitions.

Rodgers is keen to strengthen his strike force, with on-loan Chelsea striker Fabio Borini set to turn down the chance of joining Swansea permanently to sign a five-year deal at Parma in his homeland of Italy.

Swansea's previous transfer record for Sinclair, whose hat-trick in their 4-2 Championship play-off final win over Reading last week ensured a season tally of 27 goals, rose to £1m after the Swans sealed Premier League promotion.

Sad to see him go but a nice fee for him considering that he only had a year left to go on his contract.

Liverpool continue to hold talks with Sunderland over the transfer of Black Cats midfielder Jordan Henderson.

The Anfield club hope a deal can be finalised before the 20-year-old leaves with England's Under-21 squad.

Stuart Pearce's side leave for the European Championships in Denmark on Wednesday.

Sunderland are looking for around £20m for Henderson, but Liverpool's offer is currently understood to be £16m.

Manchester United had been regarded as favourites to sign Henderson but it is understood boss Sir Alex Ferguson has moved on to other midfield targets.

The signing of Henderson fits in with Liverpool's policy under new manager Kenny Dalglish and owners Fenway Sports Group to pursue young and preferably British talent.

Ipswich's teenage striker Connor Wickham and Blackburn Rovers defender Phil Jones are also thought to be targets.

I dunno, the Spanish players are probably slightly inflated in price at the minute too... If he was Italian/Dutch/French though, yeah, about 6-8m and most of that would be based on his potential.

If Carroll can go for £35m, I see no reason why we shouldn't be asking for that much. But yeah, I'd say £6-8m is probably a "truer" value. Whatever that is anymore. If he went for less than £20m though I'd be a bit disappointed. And I don't want him to go at all.

He'll be integral at the U21's in my opinion. Played the first half against Norway and ran his socks off and was pulling the strings for Sturridge up front with his through balls.