2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Guest Neon Noodle

Newcastle are thinking of signing Neil Taylor from Swansea.

Which would give them a defensive backline of Taylor, Taylor, Coloccini and Taylor <_<

Sounds more like a law firm really.

• Admin
Aston Villa forward Ashley Young will meet club chairman Randy Lerner to discuss his future after stating he wants to play "at the highest level".

The 25-year-old has been linked with a summer move to either Manchester United or Liverpool.

Young has one year left on his Villa contract but says he wants to experience Champions League football and major international tournaments.

"I'm going to talk to him [Lerner] this week," said the England player.

The Villa star added to his growing reputation by scoring his country's equaliser against Switzerland on Saturday in the 2-2 draw at Wembley.

In a disappointing year for Villa, he was a stand-out performer, scoring 10 times.

"As a kid you always want to play in the best competitions. As a kid I wanted to play in the Champions League - and hopefully one day I will," added Young.

"People say the prime of your career is aged 25, 26, 27. I'm 26 next month so hopefully I'm coming into my prime."

Young has constantly intimated he will speak with Lerner before announcing any news about his future - and nothing has changed.

"I'm going away on holiday. But I said at the end of the season I was going to speak to the chairman," he commented.

Is Martin Taylor available I wonder? Graham for manager, Matt on one wing, Gary Taylor(Fletcher) on tother.

They can play me if they want. I don't mind, not sure I could afford the pay cut tho.

I don't know if it's been discussed at length here at all, but the Nasri to United rumour is probably just that. Would he play in the centre? I don't see him getting a spot out wide, especially in the big games.

And you can take away Nasri and add Young to that and I'll still have the same opinion. And unlike Nasri, there's no way in hell Young could play a central midfield role.

Young on the left all day long. As good as Nani was this past season, he showed he's still inconsistent and you just never know what you're going to get with him. With Giggs at the stage he's at, I think it's important to bring in somebody who can really attack those wings, which Young does brilliantly. Add that to what could be fantastic link up play with Rooney and Hernandez, I think he'd fit in brilliantly.

Guess only time will tell, but I'd love us to get him. Nasri has been put out there and while I certainly wouldn't mind seeing us get him, I still cant see it happening.

Young on the left all day long. As good as Nani was this past season, he showed he's still inconsistent and you just never know what you're going to get with him. With Giggs at the stage he's at, I think it's important to bring in somebody who can really attack those wings, which Young does brilliantly. Add that to what could be fantastic link up play with Rooney and Hernandez, I think he'd fit in brilliantly.

Guess only time will tell, but I'd love us to get him. Nasri has been put out there and while I certainly wouldn't mind seeing us get him, I still cant see it happening.

Whenever Nani has been played on the right wing he's delivered, however as soon as Valencia returned and he was shifted to the left his performances started to suffer...it's a really really tough decision because Valencia brings out the best in Rooney whereas Nani can change games on his own when he's on song as well.

I hope you sign him. You'll be wishing for Nani. Young is inconsistent and his flashes of brilliance are rare. However... his diving and complaining is better than most of the league. Nasri is easily twice the player of Young too, while we're at it.

I hope you sign him. You'll be wishing for Nani. Young is inconsistent and his flashes of brilliance are rare. However... his diving and complaining is better than most of the league. Nasri is easily twice the player of Young too, while we're at it.

Yeah, but Young scored for England which by default means he = the greatest plater in the world, evah! Until he fails to score for England in the next game and no one gives a shit again. <_<

I'm not really that keen on signing Young to be honest. If he is cheap enough then I won't really mind but I would prefer Nani and Valencia starting any day. Can't see us signing Nasri, the whole thing just seems like he is after a bit more money at Arsenal in his new contract. Even if we did sign him, we so often play with just 2 in the middle that I'm not convinced he'll be able to perform in that role. This year, Rooney has played the no. 10 role and I can't see Nasri taking that position off him at all.

I don't get the Young hype at all, I'd seriously rather have Downing in my team. If Young could play at his best all the time, then yeah, he'd be a CL player, but we see his best for maybe one 5-game spell every season?

Norwich are going about this the right way, signing a lot of top Championship players to complement the ones they already have and if they get relegated, they can sell on some of their players for a decent amount after they've proven themselves to be Premiership standard and keep some knowing that they have some of the best Championship players. I can only see them maybe signing one or two players with a lot of Premier League experience but I think that'll be enough.

The Spurs exodus begins. Goal.com is reporting that Wolves have agreed to sign O'Hara for £5mil which is a great signing for them. He could quite easily become a legendary player there over time.

Also Metro are saying that QPR could sign Jenas and Keane which would serve them well actually.

Also, Bendtner is gonna leave Arsenal. No loss.