2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Chelsea clearly haven't wanted Mancienne for years anyway. The only reason he hasn't previously been sold is because no one other than Wolves wanted him and they didn't have any money, hence the repeated loans.

(Edit: Summ - guess not. :shifty:)

I would expect PVA to get another half-season English club loan. Not sure what's going on with Bruma in any way these days.

Fair play to him if he goes, he'll be moving to a league where despite the players being largely inferior in the eyes of the British press they actually have the mentality to win things, something that our Premier League based England stars have failed to have for years, instead blindly answering actual human contact with 'yeah, my favourite music is Drake'.

What the fuck is Drake and why does it automatically become my favourite noise when I sign my first professional contract? Seriously?

Edited by Colly

Is it overly optimistic to suggest tha twith Cabaye on his way in and Tiote already at the club that it's likely Gervinho will go to Newcastle and not Arsenal or Liverpool?

Wasn't he quoted saying he wanted European football?

• Admin
Michael Owen's contract has been extended for a further year, in a deal that will see the forward complete a third season as a first-team player.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Michael has proved to be a top footballer. It’s unfortunate Michael didn’t get more opportunities but the form of Chicharito put everyone in the shade and his partnership with Rooney proved invaluable. I am delighted Michael is staying for a further year and we will look to give him more opportunities in the new season.”

Michael Owen said: “I’m delighted to have agreed a one-year extension to my contract. To play alongside so many great players, under an exceptional manager, and in front of so many incredibly passionate supporters, is a real inspiration. I can’t wait for next season to start."

Bye Dimitar.

• Like 1

I'm very happy with that. He's an awesome player to have in the squad, the perfect professional with bags for of experience and he'll bag the odd few goals too. I am suprised he didn't want to move on for more rgular first team football though.

Bored of the transfer window. We have to pretty much sit on our thumbs it feels for the big boys to do their main business so they know who is surplus to requirements, then the next tier come in and pick up who they need and so on and so forth and by the time we make an actual signing its August. Stupid transfer 'windows'.. just get rid. Even if it does mean a March bid for your best player :(