General Football Thread

Starvinho

Wolfsburg yep, where he was quite disastrous. Twente is one of the few places his reputation isn't in total tatter so I hope he doesn't ruin that by going back. Mind you Dutch is his first language so I'm sure he'll settle back in at home.

We are, how you shay, underdogsh? Only Mclaren can do the "is this the right word?" thing while speaking his own language to a foreign journo. Shpectacular.

Will he taking his countryman Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink with him again?

Anybody watching the Ballon d'Or? SAF just got presented his award, lovely moment. Norio Sasaki wins COTY for women's football.

Tough to see past Messi winning the main award. I'd love to see Rooney get the Puskas award, but fancy it going to Neymar. Marta likely for female, but I'd love to see Wambach get that.

Whiskeynose got Manager of the Year? Ahead of Guardiola and Mourinho? Really?

And I prefer both Messi's and Neymar's to Rooney's, not just saying that 'cos its Rooney but cos, you know, they don't shin the ball in the net :shifty:

In terms of calendar years I think it could be argued that on a personal level Ronaldo could deserve it, but I think Messi will win it again due to the haul of trophies again. Both the two best players in the world by a long way at the minute, though. It would also be nice to see Xavi win it since he won't be in the game for a great deal longer and Thiago Alcantara will no doubt start to be moved into his position in the future. Ronaldo and Messi have this war to come for many years to come, although... and I'm gonna say it here, Gareth Bale could definitely be in the mix one year.