House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

4 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

Has Casterly Rock been destroyed? Did I miss something? What I'm alluding to is that Jamie would be in charge of the Lannister army and we don't know if he is going to side with his sister.

No, Casterly Rock still exists, but it has no more gold - the Lannisters are broke. Jamie is inheriting a bunch of dried up mines and oppulance he can no longer afford.

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

Jamie / Cersei and the prophecy spoilers

Hide contents

He's not siding with Cersei. Remember the prophecy? She would be killed by her 'valonqhar', her 'little brother', which she always assumed meant Tyrion. Well, Jamie was born after Cersei, he's also her little brother, he's going to strangle her with his bare hands.

Spoiler

I think you mean bare hand.

5 hours ago, Mick said:

Already called it, Gazz :shifty: . 

Hide contents

How's Jamie going to strangle Cersei with his bare hands? :shifty: 

Spoiler

Damn you, Mick!

Spoiler

I hate that Cersei is probably going to be killed by Jamie. I feel like that of all kills in GoT, that one should be Arya's to bring things full circle. Unless she kills Jamie, takes his face, and kills Cersei, and that's how the prophecy is fulfilled.

6 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

No, Casterly Rock still exists, but it has no more gold - the Lannisters are broke. Jamie is inheriting a bunch of dried up mines and oppulance he can no longer afford.

Right, that was one of the reasons why Tywin wanted for Tommen and Joffrey to marry Margaery Tyrell, wasn't it? Totally forgot about that.

A question I have about the finale:

Spoiler

How come that Dany was so quick to make Tyrion her hand? Maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy because it has been so long these two were in the same room together but I don't think they were that close. Also Tyrion made a deal with her enemies in her absence so I was sure that she would chase him out of Mereen once she returns.

Their relationship is one built much more politically and professionally, whereas all the other men she's had close to her have loved her romantically. He's there because he believes she should be queen and he wants to help guide her to that point, and she keeps him close because he is very knowledgeable in diplomacy and the workings of political bigwigs.

Plus there's the whole they might be related thing.