Madden 12

sahyder1

Does anyone know what happens with Madden this year if there is no CBA agreement until September or something? They probably can't use real players so I'd imagine the game would be delayed. Amazon is giving a $20 credit again if you pre-order Madden (for PS3 or 36t0) with them so I'll end up ordering it again but was just wondering if anyone has heard something about that yet.

NHL games were released when the NHL lockout happened. I am not sure if that means anything here...

I thought about the NHL example but in this case the NFLPA has decided to decertify itself so they are not negotiating collectively at the moment. My understanding is that the NFL would probably have to negotiate with each player separately to have them in the game (which I can't see either side doing) unless there is some previous licensing agreement between the two that overrides this which I don't think there is.

They can obviously release the game with fake rosters and then once the deal is done have a proper roster set but for some reason I don't see that happening.

Now that I think about it a little more, I would guess that in the agreement is the right to use the teams from the NFL and the players that are in the NFLPA. Remember when the players who crossed the line weren't allowed back in the union they didn't have their likeness in baseball games, just a player much like him that you simply had to edit.

I thought I remembered reading something over at IGN a few weeks ago saying that even if there was a lockout, they would still have players in the game.

Found an article about it:

"Fans of Madden NFL will not have their seasons interrupted regardless of when the labor issues are resolved," said EA in a statement. "EA SPORTS will release Madden NFL 12 in August, complete with exciting new features and product innovation that will allow NFL fans to fill their desire for football."

The publisher also confirmed that NFL players will still be featured in Madden NFL 12.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2011/03/14/will-nfl-shutdown-torpedo-madden-nfl-12/#ixzz1Gz3MO1Sw

EDIT: Also, EA has the rights to the NFL players likenesses in games. A few analysts say though that there still may be some financial troubles.

While the NFLPA has decertified, its agreement with EA Sports still provides for the use of the group license that allows the developer to use real players on the teams. Team and league symbols are licensed separately and therefore exempt from the current labor dispute.

NHL games were released when the NHL lockout happened. I am not sure if that means anything here...

I thought about the NHL example but in this case the NFLPA has decided to decertify itself so they are not negotiating collectively at the moment. My understanding is that the NFL would probably have to negotiate with each player separately to have them in the game (which I can't see either side doing) unless there is some previous licensing agreement between the two that overrides this which I don't think there is.

They can obviously release the game with fake rosters and then once the deal is done have a proper roster set but for some reason I don't see that happening.

No chance that I would buy it with Fake Rosters.

I wouldn't think there will be a game this year tbh

• Like 2

Good news. While we're talking about Madden, I've always gotten it the day it came out but this year I barely played it. I really enjoyed NCAA and while I'll still be picking it up whenever the rosters get done for it, I'll probably end up waiting on Madden to drop in price before I grab it. Anyone else not enjoying Madden as much these days or is it just me?

Good news. While we're talking about Madden, I've always gotten it the day it came out but this year I barely played it. I really enjoyed NCAA and while I'll still be picking it up whenever the rosters get done for it, I'll probably end up waiting on Madden to drop in price before I grab it. Anyone else not enjoying Madden as much these days or is it just me?

I've been getting it every year for a very long time too but this past year just didn't get around to playing that or any other game much. I didn't have a problem with the gameplay the limited amount I played it

To think there won't be a game of Madden this year is moronic. There'll be at least something. They make way too much money on Madden every year to just shrug and say, "We'll try again next year!"

And to answer the question brought up: I can't stand Madden anymore. I've played less and less as the years progressed and I played it for maybe 5 hours total last season. NCAA is so much more fun for me. The only reason I've gotten it the last two years is because I renew my Sports Illustrated around that time and I get it as a "free gift".

No chance that I would buy it with Fake Rosters.

I wouldn't think there will be a game this year tbh

That'd be a problem that could be rectified in like 5 mins as soon as somebody makes the roster, it's not a massive deal for NCAA so it'd be the same for Madden. It wouldn't be completely fake players anyway, you'd have QB #12 under center for the Patriots would the exact stats for Brady, not a deal breaker at all.

Their going to reveal the all new "Negotiation" mode, that features realistic bargaining, authentic NLFPA decertification and the all new "Fight for the Dollars" mode, where the owners and players play tug-o-war over 9 billion dollars

• Like 3