Download Festival: 2011

DFF

Because Maiden and Metallica haven't played Download? And bands like Taking Back Sunday, etc... haven't played Sonisphere before or are likely to in the near future if they are still together? Or most of those bands can be lump in to Rock/punk genre? or you know play rock songs in a slightly different style? :huh:

Eh, you're boring, I am done with this, you are are pointless as the points you make.

Yeah, because Weezer and Biffy Clyro definitely can't be lumped into the "rock" category AT ALL.

I honestly couldn't give a shit if you care for Download or not, but your point was that Download isn't as "fresh" as Sonisphere. My "pointless" point just proved you wrong. No doubt you'll have some sarcastic remark to reply to this with, but if you really are "done with this," then some advice for the future: stop trying to be such a keyboard warrior, you look like a cock.

Dick by name, Dick by nature (Y)

I've been waiting for this to get its own thread for fucking ages. How anyone can compare Sonisphere to Download is beyond me. The whole layout of Sonisphere being that one band plays at a time, then you rush over to the other stage for the next, is the single worst idea in the history of mankind. Not to mention the fact that the bands are WAAAY more repetitive than Download's is another argument entirely, and most of their lineup just recycle the big bands that played Download in previous years (i.e. Limp Bizkit this year). I lost my Sonisphere virginity last year, and I can safely say I won't be shelling out for it ever again, even given the fact I only paid £50 for my ticket.

Anyway, the lineup for Download this year is absolutely fucking class. Danzig, Rob Zombie and Mr. Big are all bands that I've wanted to see for ages but haven't had the chance yet. We've seen the likes of Buckcherry, Alter Bridge and KoRn before, but they always put on a fun show. I'm not interested whatsoever in the headliners (and I hope that doesn't change with the next announcement, because I have my heart set on seeing Danzig on the Friday) but that's fine with me because I'm more than happy seeing Danzig, Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie as my headliners.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Sonisphere is shit crack and nobody has any "fun" after the bands have finished, compared to Download which is a fucking nonstop party, and infinitely more important than the music anyway.

I enjoyed Sonisphere (first year) but I was working it, got to go all the places you normally can't, was super fun.

Like you state I think we have different ideas of fresh. I guess I view Sonishpere as the "fresher" festival as it is newer in terms of only being around a couple of years, and they appear to be going for an "alternative day" with the Biffy Clyro and Weezer day, I guess I appreciate festivals that have different kinds of days rather than being more genre focused, much like Download is, its very "Hard Rock/Metal/Punk(ish)" Where as Sonisphere appears to be trying something different with its additional day.

Looking at what Soni booked last year on it's "extra day":

Alice Cooper

Gary Numan

Europe

Turisas

Delain

Terrorvision

65daysofstatic

Fastway

Sylosis

bigelf

Black Spiders

Chrome Hoof

Failsafe

And so I Watch You From Afar

Deaf Havana

Chickenhawk

Ultimate Power DJs

Karma To Burn

Winnebago Deal

October File

Throats

Little London

How are any of those bands any different to the kind that Download book?

Like you state I think we have different ideas of fresh. I guess I view Sonishpere as the "fresher" festival as it is newer in terms of only being around a couple of years, and they appear to be going for an "alternative day" with the Biffy Clyro and Weezer day, I guess I appreciate festivals that have different kinds of days rather than being more genre focused, much like Download is, its very "Hard Rock/Metal/Punk(ish)" Where as Sonisphere appears to be trying something different with its additional day.

Alice Cooper

Gary Numan

Europe

Turisas

Delain

Terrorvision

65daysofstatic

Fastway

Sylosis

bigelf

Black Spiders

Chrome Hoof

Failsafe

Deaf Havana

Chickenhawk

Ultimate Power DJs

Karma To Burn

Winnebago Deal

October File

Throats

Little London

Stop making pointless points, DFF. God, you're an idiot.

Alice Cooper

Gary Numan

Europe

Turisas

Delain

Terrorvision

65daysofstatic

Fastway

Sylosis

bigelf

Black Spiders

Chrome Hoof

Failsafe

Deaf Havana

Chickenhawk

Ultimate Power DJs

Karma To Burn

Winnebago Deal

October File

Throats

Little London

Stop making pointless responses, Nerf. God, you're pointless :rolleyes:

Alice Cooper

Gary Numan

Europe

Turisas

Delain

Terrorvision

65daysofstatic

Fastway

Sylosis

bigelf

Black Spiders

Chrome Hoof

Failsafe

Deaf Havana

Chickenhawk

Ultimate Power DJs

Karma To Burn

Winnebago Deal

October File

Throats

Little London

That was not my point <_<

Alice Cooper

Gary Numan

Europe

Turisas

Delain

Terrorvision

65daysofstatic

Fastway

Sylosis

bigelf

Black Spiders

Chrome Hoof

Failsafe

Deaf Havana

Chickenhawk

Ultimate Power DJs

Karma To Burn

Winnebago Deal

October File

Throats

Little London

I didn't use a smiley. Bastard. :(

Alice Cooper

Gary Numan

Europe

Turisas

Delain

Terrorvision

65daysofstatic

Fastway

Sylosis

bigelf

Black Spiders

Chrome Hoof

Failsafe

Deaf Havana

Chickenhawk

Ultimate Power DJs

Karma To Burn

Winnebago Deal

October File

Throats

Little London

I didn't use a smiley. Bastard. :(

I used a smiley to convey jest. You didn't. Bastard. :(

I wasn't kidding :shifty:

I blame Richy :shifty:

On a more relevant note, of the bands to be announced on Tuesday/Wednesday (they can't seem to make up their mind which day it is), it's likely to include Cheap Trick after they self-confirmed on their Facebook. The final headliner will also be announced, with the current lead candidate being My Chemical Romance, due to some spiel Way said at some gigs lately about a festival announcement coming 'really soon'. If they're announced - I'm at Danzig.

I fucking hope so. I was meant to see Cheap Trick in November but ended up not being able to go, so that'll be awesome.

Eh, I saw them support Def Leppard a few years back and they were... whelming. Though, I guess I have a thing against them as 'I Want You To Want Me' was one of my ex's favourite songs. I can't fucking stand it.

I'll be around, as will TimMay. If anyone want to meet up, just drop us a PM with your mob numbers closer to the time :)

So, we all meeting at Download for a big fight?

Sleaze Tour 2: Tour Sleazier!

Pfft! You'll be 'Mr. Responsible dad' by then, probably turn up in a winnebago and chastise us all for drinking before midday and not wearing sunblock.