Eurovision 2011

Herr Matzat

The favourite for a while has been the French entry, but it's not got the best draw. A good shout might be Azerbaijan, it's got the latest draw of the "big" songs.

Been a LOT of movement on Ireland the last couple of days as well which is surprising. Thing is, despite how awful the actual performance is the musics actually quite catchy. We all KNEW the performance would suck donkey testes but perhaps it's going to do better than I expected. On a community radio show my "ones to watch" as a possible top 10 were -

Azerbaijan,

Bosnia,

Estonia,

France,

Germany,

Hungary,

Israel

Norway

Sweden,

UK,

So far then I've done alright with my qualifiers so we'll see how it goes later.

Woo! Since everyone I know seems to hate Eurovision, I'll join the discussion later. I've avoided the semi-finals, don't want to hear anything until tonight when it's performed.

Hopefully Jedward's ankles break when they're jumping around like twats.

Woo! Since everyone I know seems to hate Eurovision, I'll join the discussion later. I've avoided the semi-finals, don't want to hear anything until tonight when it's performed.

Hopefully Jedward's ankles break when they're jumping around like twats.

The point of the semi finals is to make the finals more boring. Some good trash got axed. So sad.

Jedward's problem is going to be overcoming the fact the Jury are going to hate them. Both Rybak and Lena won both televoting and the jury voting...somehow I doubt the juries are going to give more points to Jedward then they are Amaury.

I gave in and started watching the semi-finals. Georgia, Portugal and Moldova are my favourites so far. Bet none of them qualified though. Turkey were massively disappointing, I was impressed with their previous rock entries.

Also, someone please sack Sara Cox. Her voice is definitely not good.

German newspapers (not yellow press) are expecting Jedward to win and Lena to come in on four. I wonder how people will react towards Lena, it´s not that germany hates her, but people are a bit sick of her and looking for something new (the "song" casting show searching for her new eurovision song tanked big in the ratings)... and i asume with casting shows all over europe creating superstars that are forgotten three month later people just might not want to see her again, even if the song issent terrible. The voting will be the most interesting in years.

IRC would be awsome.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I don´t know, it´s just good eurovision material, it´s wacky, it´s catchy, it´s fun, it´s natural, it´s compatible with the different regions.... and you remember how last year lena was all over the place before the show, the press conferences and everything? Thats what i am seeing from Jedward this year.

German newspapers (not yellow press) are expecting Jedward to win and Lena to come in on four. I wonder how people will react towards Lena, it´s not that germany hates her, but people are a bit sick of her and looking for something new (the "song" casting show searching for her new eurovision song tanked big in the ratings)... and i asume with casting shows all over europe creating superstars that are forgotten three month later people just might not want to see her again, even if the song issent terrible. The voting will be the most interesting in years.

Over here it's France, Ireland, Azerbaijan, nochance. Still can't quite work out how Jedward have got such a run as they've flown out of pretty much nowhere. I'd not seen much of an internet campaign and would've thought the fucking awful performance would've hindered the catchy tune but seems to have had a lot more movement than anyone expected.

I think the "crapy" performance it what makes it special aswell... the other people try to be perfect while Jedward just have fun (what i meant with natural), they don´t give a shit about being in sync n such. And the "crapy" performace actualy gets saved by the very well don videoshow in the background. I´ed be surprised if they finish below the top 5.

If Jedward win it just proves Europe are full of idiots. No offence to my fellow Europeans, but it's true.

Unless of course they actually HAVE a good song. I'll give it a listen in a few minutes. If it's anything like their other performances, then...fuck.

I swear to god, if i was DJing in a Punk rock disco and play this every now and than just for shits and giggles... people would love it.

bWin Odds of the German Site.

France 2.85

Irland 4.00

Germany 8.00

Aserbaidschan 8.50

After that comes a big gab with UK taking 19.00, so everyone elth is pritty much rated as an underdog.

How are germanys odds outside of germany? We obviusly got a bunch of people putting money on her because she is omnipresent.

I'm rooting for pretty much everyone that isn't Jedward. Seriously, Ireland can just fuck off for making me have to endure that turgid shit.