The Pop Music Thread

StevenRichardsRules

A key change is modulation.

Key change is not modulation. Not in the fucking slightest. Modulation is the way of manipulating a chord or generally a phrase with 'accidentals' in order to smooth the transition of a key change. You can change key without modulating - ie the 'gap' method, where starting up again in a different key isn't a musical transition.

On another note. I have the Hannah Peel album, but haven't got round to listening to it yet. I've had it for months. Probably one of those I may never actually listen to. :shifty:

Edited by YI

It still stand that Katy Perry's "Firework" is my favourite pop song of the past while, its a lovely song.

Backed. Amazing track. I have the dilemma of ending it early on Winamp though, so it doesn't go into the god awful "Peacock", which follows it.

Another awesome track from last year was "The Flood" by Katie Melua;

Can't help but feel I have to surgically remove my balls for saying that.

And new Candle Thieves video;

Album was one of my favourites of last year. So ridiculously good. Nothing will put a smile on your face like "Sharks And Bears", besides a really fat woman falling over and not being able to get back up.

Also, total support for the twins from B*Witched attempt (and forthcoming massive flop) of a comeback;

"If you wanna be silly, then let it go. If you wanna feel pretty, stand on your toes. If you wanna be cool, take it back to school. If you wanna be sexy, then be sexy." - the chorus is just the right side of retarded that you'll randomly think of it during the day and feel a little embarassed and self-concious that someone around you might be able to read your mind.

• 2 weeks later...