2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Wasn't there also a 2-strike strikeout at some point? I seem to remember an ump ringing someone up on just two strikes earlier this year. Pumped his arm and everything. :lol:

Yunel Escobar was wrung up on two strikes this year, but he and Farrell pointed it out to the ump and he reversed the decision.

Guest mr. potato head

Cricket is really the right comparison. If that sport has the technology to predict where the ball would have gone (in lbw situations) as quickly as they do, there's no reason it can't be used for fair/foul calls in baseball.

Cricket is really the right comparison. If that sport has the technology to predict where the ball would have gone (in lbw situations) as quickly as they do, there's no reason it can't be used for fair/foul calls in baseball.

An even more importantly like I mentioned earlier they've been using it for 18 years already. The system has worked well.

There's a stream on MLB.com that shows only Jeter's ABs

What do they do for the 45 minutes between each AB?

Show any of the numerous highlights of Derek Jeter's Hall of Fame career. He is so great that he will be the first player ever to get 100% of the vote on the first ballot, AND every team will retire his number once he's gone. I don't think words can quantify just how much he has meant to baseball the very fabric of American society.

• Like 1

Just a picture saying "You are witnessing history, programming will return soon."

Tragic to hear about the Rangers' fan falling to his death. I wish more could be done to keep people at all stadiums from being at risk for falling, but I can't think of anything more we could do. You make barriers higher, better believe people will be more than willing to climb them. Maybe netting to catch the balls?

Tragic to hear about the Rangers' fan falling to his death. I wish more could be done to keep people at all stadiums from being at risk for falling, but I can't think of anything more we could do. You make barriers higher, better believe people will be more than willing to climb them. Maybe netting to catch the balls?

Higher fences aren't there because people would complain about the obstructed view.

Show any of the numerous highlights of Derek Jeter's Hall of Fame career. He is so great that he will be the first player ever to get 100% of the vote on the first ballot, AND every team will retire his number once he's gone. I don't think words can quantify just how much he has meant to baseball the very fabric of American society.

Got that right. Glad to see you're coming around, naiwf.

dry.gif

He under threw it, who else is there to blame?

It's nobody's "fault", really. Freak accident.

Agreed.

It is just crazy that we get idiots at every game who throw homerun balls back on the field and then we have incidents like this. I'm honestly surprised that things like this don't happen more frequently because you see people going crazy for foul balls and stuff.