2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Guest mr. potato head

Well, I guess semi-sahyder'd would be a more accurate term. He could still get through with only facing 27 batters and no hits.

Guest mr. potato head

Dominance man. Dominance. Its almost bittersweet cause he got so close to perfection.

Sorry, Dave Stieb still and forever owns the bittersweet pitching dominance crown

With all the no hitters, close no hitters and perfect games over the past few years, does anyone think someone will ever tie Johnny Vander Meer's record of 2 no hitters in a row in 1938?

I don't think anyone will ever break it by pitching 3 in a row, but the way pitchers are on fire lately, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tied or came close.

I only watched a little bit of the Jays game, saw they were getting crushed, and changed the channel. If I knew Verlander was working on a no-hitter, I would have watched more of the game.

Yeah I was out BBQing yesterday when that happened. Haven't even had a chance to watch the highlights yet. Annibal Sanchez has a no-hitter through 6 innings right now with 10 strikeouts. He has thrown 97 pitches already though so that sucks. What an outing.

Edit:There it goes. Mike Stanton made a nice attempt to save it with a diving catch but to no avail.

Edited by sahyder1

I think at some point there will be someone to pitch back-to-back no hitters. I would expect quite a few pitching accomplishments to be equaled or surpassed over the next few years until rules/strategies are changed to lead to more offensive production.

What kind of rules would they implement to lead to more offensive production? I don't think there's any way they would really start doing things like that, but it would be interesting to hear your opinions on some realistic rule changes to increase offensive production.

I honestly just think that we just go through cycles of great hitting, then great pitching. Strategies change along the years and things like that. I definitely agree with strategies changing, so that it would be more even, but I'm definitely curious if anyone thinks some rule changes would even things out.

EDIT: I take that back. They're Red Sox fans. Fuck 'em. :shifty:

*sigh*

I think I'm the only Red Sox fan around here.

I was at yesterday's game which also featured a two hour rain delay. Fortunately for me, it was a 1 pm start. I never would have bothered hanging around two plus hours on a night game.

And sahyder didn't jinx the Liriano no-no, even after mentioning it. Could this be a sign of change?