2011 ICC World Cup Thread

sahyder1

Oh please come on Canada! 104 for 3. 81 runs to get in 18 overs. Plenty of time...This would be a bigger shock than England/Ireland.

Game ended with Cheema's wicket I think. Afridi and Ajmal will tighten the noose for the 6 overs and Gul can come finish it off.

I know "game over" is strong wording but if Afridi/Ajmal didn't have 6 overs I'd be a little bit more worried.

Edit: Another wicket for Afridi. That is 12 wickets for 68 runs so far in the tournament.

Edit 2: Another wicket. 13 for 68 now.

Edited by sahyder1

I'm currently dating a girl from Sri Lanka and we were really excited to watch the match together, and then it rained. Now I'm back home, disappointed. I think the way it ended, SL were not in a great position though. It's hard to tell, but 1 or 2 more wickets falling and they would have probably ended with around 240. Not a statistician on Cricket though, I know some people are. Maybe someone could point out what score Sri Lanka was likely to end up with.

And certainly hoping England-South Africa doesn't suffer the same fate. Thanks to England's defeat to Ireland, their matches in the group stage actually matter more than just placement for the knockout round.

Sri Lanka could have ended up in the 260-270 range and I think that would have been enough with their 3 spinners.

Here's hoping the weather in Chennai is better tomorrow. The plan is to wake up for the Eng-SA game. :/

The England game is supposed to be sunny and about 25 Celsius.

I really hope we get two good games tomorrow. The plan so far is to stay up through the night and that combined with only 3 hours of sleep last night will not be a good thing if get dull games.

Edited by sahyder1