2011 ICC World Cup Thread

sahyder1

I was smart, I went to bed at about 11.30pm last night.

The idea was to walk my dogs between innings. I could be doing that earlier than expected, now...

44-3 now. Trott and Bopara have done well - there's no need to force the runs so early, because another couple of wickets and we won't have anyone to score them later on.

Nass said yesterday afternoon that it was a sell-out today. Looks far from full at the moment. Maybe it'll fill up by the time SA bat.

12 overs gone.

All the cash shelled out for tickets and the team responds by not even bothering to fight against West Indies.

I don't condone the stoning of the team bus in any shape or form but sitting in the stadium watching all the dissapointment I could tell things were about to get ugly, the crowd mostly consisted of uneducated people/people in poverty who saved up for ages to get to the match and what they got in return was bullshit.

Things have to change for the next matches, Shahriar Nafees needs to come into the squad and there needs to be some discipline...the team only played 3 out of their 8 scheduled training matches and Tameem Iqbal spent the night before the match doing a photoshoot for a cosmetics brand...stuff like that needs to change and the team need to come out fighting even though chances of qualification are now slim.

Edited by The Future
  • Like 2

Well, they were saying about 20 mins ago that around 240 is the par score for this pitch, and England would take that right now.

Trott has his 50, and Bopara's well on the way to his. They do need to stay in for a while longer, though, as things could still go pear shaped.

If we can pick up another 40-50 runs in the next 10 overs for no loss (and as I type, Steyn drops a half-chance) hopefully we'll push towards that total in the last 10 without the fear of losing wickets.

...and before I can post, Trott goes in exactly the same way as Bell. I thought I was watching a replay for a moment.

I'm just hoping for Broad and Anderson to wreak some fucking havoc here...and I think that's what Strauss is hoping for. Although why he didn't give 10 overs to Bresnan is beyond me.

EDIT: FUCKING BRESNAN~! If he can get another couple of wickets, you're never changing your username, Baddar. :P

1 wicket to go! I tell you, I know it's a cliche, but they can't do it the easy way, can they :huh:? I'm getting gall stones just listening to 5 Live here!

EDIT:

"Hey, Broady, you need to get two wickets with only three overs remaining!"

challenge-accepted.png

Amazing stuff. ^_^