GotY 2010 Nomination Topic

Herr Matzat

Aproaching the last releasworthy week of the year (are there even games being released?) i think it´s a save time to start gathering games you think are worthy to be in the vote for Game of the Year.

Don´t know if you want to go with Gneres, just one title or just hit a smal list out in the open. Just do it as you like.

Discovery of the Year

Minecraft.

The first release was sometime in 2009, but the game won´t see it´s full release before 2011 or even later. I just feel that, by the amount of fun i had and the number of copys soled, it needs to be mentioned somehow.

Right now i even feel this might be the game of the year to, just by seeing how much it caught on fire, i somehow can´t see it becomming an even bigger deal wen it gets its full release. But than again, 750000 copys soled can still mean a Mainstream enterance that sells a cupple of million more.... who knows.

Online Game of the Year

Stacraft 2

I was kinda disapointed by the Offline Storyline (the missions were still lots of fun though) but the amount if time i have sunk in the Multiplayer and the amount of time still to come is something no other game could do in more than just this year. The balance is great and you almost all the time can get a feel to how and why you lost wen you take a look at the replay, alway able to improve yourself. It´s also one of the very rar PC games in our days that got a hugh release with tons of people camping outside of stores all over the world.

Sports Game of the Year

Feels like GT5, it´s awsome, but to be honest, the only other one i played was Fifa World Cup 2010.

Errrm... Pary/Music Game of the Year

Rock Band 3

Got nothing to compare it to, but i love it. The Keyboard is brilliant, just like the drums, and i hope there is a way to get the Squire without paying 500€ on importing and taxing it. As for Partys, it´s still good Rock Band fun, but i love being able to use no fail mode on my frinds that previusly constantly failed us because they just had to go more than one step above what they are able to do. (lego:RB had that, but lego also had a bad song filter)

Now bring me Beatles: Rock Band 2 with Keys and Pro Guitar before the Gnere dies pls.

RPG of the Year....?

To be honest, i don´t know if i played any RPG that was released this year. Well, ok, DeathSpank, that was good but no were near something that should be called GotY. FF was nice looking but a pritty big fail in my eyes. Mos other games i played were on my DS and years old i belive...

Disapointment of the Year

Feels like Heavy Rain. It´s got a good basis, but some of the Audio was terrible and the Storyline had holes that would have never been acepted in a major movie (that the game was trying to be). I was just hyped for something timeless, and right now it´s more like just another game in the past. Not terrible byond belive, but by far not what i hoped that it would be.

The Whichever EWB'er it was that Fcked a Midget Award for most unbelievable gaming experience that I will never repeat:

Heavy Rain. Holyfuckamazing, but dayamn will I ever not play that game again.

The Rabid Wolverine's Pop Prom Career Award for the biggest fall from grace:

UFC Undisputed. This verse: Same as the first. Didn't really add anything exciting, so they even managed to underachieve relative to EA Sports

The Plubby's PC Upgrade Award for best game released in a previous year that one had not played until this year:

Left 4 Dead 2

The Men Need Retail Therapy Too Award for best digital games retail:

Steam. Beats out the console variants because they suck, and torrents on the "retail" technicality.

The Yyughota Fuckmelike Babitch Award for biggest dick-punch, plot/emotion-wise:

CoDBlOps. The First Rule of Black Ops Club is that you do not talk about Black Ops Club. The Second Rule...

The Deus Ex: Invisible War Award for most pointless cash-in sequel that staples extra material into what was essentially a closed plot:

Fallout: New Vegas

The "I'm bringing him in closer" Award for gaming-related decision that draws an "You're gonna do WHAT?!" response:

The release of Starcraft 2. Parts a, b, and c.

The Obligatory Monty Python Reference Award for the game not appearing at this awards show that we really really wish was:

Diablo 3

The NHL (insert year here) Award for Game of the Year:

NHL 11

• Like 1

As far as gaming genres go, Racing gets it's own category.

I said "Just do it as you like." and thats what i did. I played no other current racing game, so why would i put it in it´s own category wen it fits another?

The Men Need Retail Therapy Too Award for best digital games retail:

Steam. Beats out the console variants because they suck, and torrents on the "retail" technicality.

Oh, i agree, Steam ariving on the Mac has don so much good. Don´t know anything about XBox live but the PSN Store is a terrible place for many reasons.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Game that's too good I haven't yet finished it because I don't want it to be over of the year Alan Wake

Game that's too good I've finished it and then some but keep on playing it for reasons I can't explain of the year Red Dead Redemption

Game that's testing my loyalty to the franchise of the year Final Fantasy XIII

Game that I shouldn't have completed several times but did anyway of the year Heavy Rain

Game that I really wish hadn't hooked me in because it's so fucking generic it's painful of the year Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game of the year, every year Final Fantasy IX

Game that's too good I've finished it and then some but keep on playing it for reasons I can't explain of the year Red Dead Redemption

I think the explination is Baddar demanding you play it every 5 minutes.

Game of the year: Mass Effect 2

RPG of the Year: Fallout New Vegas/Mass Effect 2

Best Multi-player Experience: Black Ops

Oh how I wish this game was better: Final Fantasy XII

Best Free Game Of The Year: Harm's Way

The Game I Got For Free But Never Played: Kameo

The Game That Makes Me Sick When I Play: Beautiful Katamari

I Love Strategy Games Like This: Valkyeria Chronicles

I Bought This Game For $5...it wasn't bad: Tornado Outbreak

Games I Started But Will Likely Not Finish: Lego Batman/Lego Starwars/ Lego Rockband/ Rockband Beatles.

I'm Glad I Didn't Buy This Game: WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011

Best Weapons: Dead Rising 2

HOW DOES A PATCH MAKE IT WORSE?!: UFC Undisputed 2010

Biggest Waste Of Money AND Disappointment: Alpha Protocol

Stupid Achievement: The odd number ones in Rockband 3....THE WEBSITE WOULDN'T WORK SO I COULDN'T GET IT