Why Did It Take Me So Long?

Guest Jacob

There is always a game, or a dozen in my case, that you always wanted to try but either didnt have the time, patience, money or mixture of the three. But once you get that game, you can NEVER put it down.

I found that game a few weeks ago in the guise of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Wow. Words cannot describe how awesome the game is. Yes it may not live up to Crysis levels of graphics but the storyline and gameplay is definately there, Next on my hitlist is Arkham Asylum.

What are your games that took you so long to find out was awesome?

Edited by Jacob

Mass Effect 2. I loved parts of the first one, but was less keen on other areas, and generally liked other console RPG's more, so I wasn't too interested in getting ME2 when it first came out. Mates raved about it, but I still didn't really care. Then the other month Amazon were selling it for £15 and I thought 'fuck it', brought it and, yeah, WOW.

In a similar vein, Knights of the Old Republic, but that was down to not owning an XBox until the game had been out several months.

Knights of the Old Republic. Had an X-Box when it first came out, played KOTOR, didn't think much of it. 5 years later I saw a mate playing it on his PC, thought it looked good, acquired it through perfectly legitimate means and fell in love with it.