X-Factor 2010

Jimmy

I, shamefully, like One Direction. I think Matt's quality, too. Aiden's alright. I'm not sold on Cher yet. I mean, she's got a great voice. But I always cringe when I watch her sing or rap.

I think Trayc and Rebecca are really boring. They've got great voices, but I honestly don't think there's a market for them. There's plenty of people who do what they do. Great vocals, but the whole thing lacks...something.

Wagner wasn't as fun as he was last week, but you can't help but love the man. He looks like he really enjoys himself on stage and his happiness is infectious. I think he'll last just past halfway, essentially until the judges and the public start deciding who they want to win.

Paije, for me, is the best singer there. No contest. Though, I am a lover of soul. And the kid reminds me of Cee Lo Green. I really hope he lasts long, but unfortunately I don't see him winning.

Mary is pretty good and has a decent outsider's chance.

As for a outright winner, it looks like it is between Rebecca (who I don't like) and Matt (who I don't care about). It doesn't matter though, the Internet Knights will make sure they don't get Christmas #1.

I think Trayc and Rebecca are really boring. They've got great voices, but I honestly don't think there's a market for them. There's plenty of people who do what they do.

This is true. I think One Direction have the best chance of actually staying around for a while afterwords. Belle Amie too, since girl bands seem to last fucking ages before they break up. But yeah, One Direction will appeal to most girls and people like me who unashamedly like cheesy boyband shit.

I would say One Direction are in with a pretty strong chance, too.

I think One Direction are in the top three of the most votes right now, but I see the momentum going away from them as people who voted for those that have been eliminated side with others. Apart from anyone that voted for FYD because... well, nobody voted for them.

I see Mary, Aiden, and Rebecca in the final. Mary and Rebecca have been flawless, while Aiden has more than enough awareness to work on what went wrong last night and bounce back. Matt is good but I see him falling around the same time Danyl Johnson did last year.

I'm also going to make a bold prediction that Cher and Katie will both go within the next month (so November 14th at the latest). I get the feeling Katie has had the Rachel from last year treatment - they piled on the sympathy for votes to the point where Rachel won the vote, but the trend dramatically reversed one week later when she came dead last - and I could see Katie going the same way. Despite the bizarre media push, I bet it turns out Cher's popularity is overstated. It seems the demographic of her act is of twenty-something journos trying to predict what yoof culture loves. Chavs are too busy buying White Lightning to vote too.

Next week then, Katie and Wagner (nooooo) to go.

Edited by GA.

Katie and Cher aren't going far. With Cher it's a case of "ooh she's different, I like her! Wait, no I don't, I don't like different at all and her mouth looks funny when she sings". People like Rebecca go far because she's all sweet and unassuming. But at the end of the day, she still got knocked up in her teens, probably by some smackhead cunt.

There's always a woman who goes early on, despite having talent and appearing a potential winner.

Laura White, Lucie Jones, even Ruth Lorenzo struggled. Rebecca is going to be that person this year, sadly. She's great but there's nothing about her that makes me want to pick up the phone for her.

And Rebecca doesn't fall into their category what so ever. She falls straight into the Stacey Solomon one, in which she's near on guaranteed to make the final. Lucie never really did anything special and was arguably overrated. Laura was just a very good voice that didn't really connect with the public. She's already showed she's not going to do just ballads (see week one) and her voice is better than all three combined that you mentioned. She's probably the one they can rely on the most right now to give a great performance, she just seems really consistent. And at the same time, very down to earth. I'd actually put money on her being in the final three (if I had money to spend right now :shifty: ).

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Matt will win it.

I LOOOOVE Katie and she clearly needs more credit then what she is getting, she's talented, no doubt about it. Plus, I find her attrative which is always a bonus. Cher, I'm not sold on, I think she's a better singer than a rapper but if you take that away from her she's just like anybody in the competition. She was better this week then on week one.

I'm a massive Paige and John fan, I hope they go far.

Me and my friends all voted for Wagner this week, it's a bit of banter and he is just funny.

One Diretion do my nut in and I loved Storm's comment, "I don't want to be pretty and boring like everyone else, I leave that to One Direction" I thought it was spot on, they just bore me.

I thought the love for Cher might start to decrease, but I looked at youtube. Her first audition has like 6.7 million views, compared to Storm and Nicolo who had like 500,000 each. I know the other examples went out, but 6.7 million is a lot of views for one audition video. Even if they didn't like it - she's getting talked about a lot.

There's always a woman who goes early on, despite having talent and appearing a potential winner.

Laura White, Lucie Jones, even Ruth Lorenzo struggled. Rebecca is going to be that person this year, sadly. She's great but there's nothing about her that makes me want to pick up the phone for her.

Like someone else said, Rebecca is actually connecting with the audience thanks to the 'confidence' storyline. The problem with Lucie Jones (I didn't watch X-Factor before last year so I don't know about the others) was that she was very immodest. You could tell from her performances that she thought she was the "shit", people saw that, and endeared others instead. There was only ever controversy because Jedward - an act that actually got a reaction - beat her in the deadlock. Notice how everybody suddenly loved FYD when they were voted out instead of hate figure Katie last week? It's how these things work.

It was Simon who voted for Jedward and therefore forced it in to Deadlock, and Lucie lost out. So really the public then blaming Simon was stupid since, ya know, the public vote knocked her out. Also, I'm quite pleased to see we haven't had deadlock once so far this year, since it was like, every week nearly last year.

People like Lucie and the other women who've gone out suffer from (a) the majority of voters are female and (b) everyone presumes 'eh, she's safe' and votes for their second favourite. Not everyone will be like the mental One Direction fans who probably vote 30 times each.

Also maybe not the best to compare her to Stacey Solomon, her being the only act to ever reach the finals and not get a record contract.