Minecraft!

Sousa

Who would admin it? For it to work there has to be an admin to light the fire, refill the chest and spawn in horrific beasts(Ghast and Ender Dragon) near the end to spice things up.

So basically, who want's to be involved and not play?

Not only that, there are a few things to sort out.

We need a server to host it. We need someone who knows how to run a server.

And we need to organise a time appropriate for everyone to be available to play.

It´s actually not that hard. Our last server was on http://www.multiplay.co.uk/ and they pretty much did everything for you. (but there were some update related downtimes that were fairly annoying since they used a back end that wassent vanilla)

From what i understand running a vanilla server is not hard at all. No idea how hard actual mod installation is.

The biggest concern is that you need to avoid server lags as much as possible (might sound easy, but EWB is spread all over the world and the server is only in one location).

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I'd be happy to admin. I don't think we need mods, really. I assume the spawn points are set already, I'll keep track of who dies and so long as I'm opped with creative gamemode, there should be no problems. The only thing is that I think most games have a few admins, whilst I'd literally just be flying from person to person trying to even out the loot and so on.

It's a shame we couldn't do a livestream with EWBers watching and some kind of Sponsor thing set up. Without that, I'd probably say it'd be best to do a - the longer the game goes, the more loot each player gets. For example, once we're down to 4 of 8 or something like that everyone gets a cool item or something like that.

The best example of the game/map if anyone hasn't seen.

http://www.twitch.tv/inthelittlewood/b/314146745

I should say if you want to play don't watch it too closely cause I don't think you'd have much fun if you knew where everything is.

....Hunger Games Minecraft? That sounds AWESOME.

How do I get in on this? I guess I'd have to buy the game....but that sounds awesome

It's a shame we couldn't do a livestream with EWBers watching and some kind of Sponsor thing set up. Without that, I'd probably say it'd be best to do a - the longer the game goes, the more loot each player gets. For example, once we're down to 4 of 8 or something like that everyone gets a cool item or something like that.

Why couldn't we? Set up a Twitch TV account and BAM! Golden.

Our very own Eddie Ruckus usually gets up to 50 viewers per cast.

I have a Twitch account and did stream minecraft a bit.You also need Xsplit to broadcast and that lags you like hell if you can't get the settings perfect.

Been watching Captain Sparklez playing this and the admins were fucking awful. The last episode was literally players Vs. Mobs and random lava drops. That's just not fun at all.

Yeah, I saw AntVenom's view of that and it was horrible. There should never be lava being placed or more ghasts or pigmen than players left. I also hate that no one was smart enough to use creepers to get wood. Anything a creeper blows loose is fair game to build and craft with.

I have a Twitch account and did stream minecraft a bit.You also need Xsplit to broadcast and that lags you like hell if you can't get the settings perfect.

Been watching Captain Sparklez playing this and the admins were fucking awful. The last episode was literally players Vs. Mobs and random lava drops. That's just not fun at all.

Yeah, I saw AntVenom's view of that and it was horrible. There should never be lava being placed or more ghasts or pigmen than players left. I also hate that no one was smart enough to use creepers to get wood. Anything a creeper blows loose is fair game to build and craft with.

I don't think they were allowed to craft stuff unless given a crafting table, which I don't think anyone got. Shame no one found a bow (to my knowledge). Also Ruki Minecraft is only like, £10! I'm sure you can manage that.

I'm definitely up for admining this and at least recording my view of it though.

There's a crafting table in the center and I've seen people who worked on the map playing and crafting from wood that creepers blew up. You kinda have to since there are chests that just have loose diamonds. Having to use creepers is part of the strategy. If they weren't allowed then thats another reason those admins were horrible.

If anyone has a decent computer they should stream it. I was able to get this quality with my laptop

http://www.twitch.tv/murder101/b/307668673

So I reckon a decent computer would do really good.

I don't think they were allowed to craft stuff unless given a crafting table, which I don't think anyone got. Shame no one found a bow (to my knowledge). Also Ruki Minecraft is only like, £10! I'm sure you can manage that.

I'm definitely up for admining this and at least recording my view of it though.

I will totally buy it if this is a thing that is actually gonna happen! I don't know much about minecraft (I can craft a wood pickaxe and sometimes find coal!)...but it seems like it'd be rad.

What are the 'rules' for Hunger Games Minecraft?

Rules of The Survival Games:

Only one player can win The Survival Games.

You can not break any blocks, expect for leaves and mushrooms.

You are only allowed to place blocks you find in chests or get from explosions.

Your inventory must be empty before you start the game.

No player is allowed to enter the host house.

Rules for the host of The Survival Games:

The host shall light the netherrack the first night.

The host is allowed to add any weapons or food he/she want at any time in the center chests, after the second day has passed.

The host is allowed to spawn zombies, creepers or skeletons after the second day has passed.

We need to do a Hunger Games EWB on here, just saying.

Oh totally. I'm down for that.

I've been watching a few of them on YouTube. I'd be so down.

Me too.

I'd be up for that.

I'd be willing to give it a shot

I'm in for this :)

I'd be interested in playing.

I can play too!

....Hunger Games Minecraft? That sounds AWESOME.

How do I get in on this? I guess I'd have to buy the game....but that sounds awesome

Why couldn't we? Set up a Twitch TV account and BAM! Golden.

Our very own Eddie Ruckus usually gets up to 50 viewers per cast.

By my count, 10.