Minecraft!

Sousa

Holy crap.

So, i'm exploring under my base and I find a dungeon. Now, i'm not sure if i've come across them before but on this occasion it's only a zombie one so i'm confident I can deal with it. I take out the 2-3 zombies in the area and then, remembering things i've heard of previously, put 4 torches around it to stop them spawning.

I proceed on and find a second dungeon. Again, zombies so I take them out and set about blocking it off. I then remembered that the torch method was supposedly redundant now and all it took was one block on top of it to work. So I put a cobblestone on top and took out the one torch I had already laid down to reuse it elsewhere as I was running short.

At this point two zombies spawn right in front of me. In the darkness it looked like they had burst through the wall, Kool Aid style. I promptly produce what I hope is Sheperd's Pie in my britches and frantically switch to my sword and start swinging for the fences.

Nothing too extravagant from my adventure apart from a saddle but still, it scared the bejesus out of me. >_<

Started watching the 'Man vs Minecraft' Series by Paulsoaresjr and learnt that the clouds travel north.

Looking back, it actually makes sense...

I haven't gone adventuring for a bit since the wolfpack chase... Maybe now that I have a horse I could do better.

What rules are those? Are they worth pilfering for 2 GON DIE?

It's not really a mining type way of playing as there is no need for going into caves except for shelter.

I'll try and list them best I can from memory...

You can not make a permanent base of operations or build any structure for shelter

You must find new shelter every night, in a different biome using the lay of the land (caves, nooks & crannys)

You can only make tools out of either wood or stone.

You can only carry one set of tools/weapons at any one time. i.e Cannot have 2 pick-axes etc

- You must use the appropriate tool for the job (You must make an axe asap before cutting more wood. etc)

- if digging dirt or stone, you can only go 1 block deep. If you go 1 for and 1 down, you cannot go forward or down any more.

You can only carry a maximum of 12 of each block at any one time (Except stone)

- For stone you may carry a maximum of 12 units but only back to your "shelter" for tool creation.

- Your inventory may not be more than half full at any point. If it is you must discrad any items not directly needed.

You must have 2 meals a day (Be it bread or pork) Meat must be cooked or it is be discarded the next day.

You must enter the water before traveling and before sheltering (with meals) to be classed as drinking.

Once a torch is placed it must not be picked up and reused. They have a 24 hr life.

You must head in one direction (North, South, East or West)

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there is more.

In my new world playing the "Bill_Baconhill" style save,I have made my first shelter out of a now abandoned zombie dungeon.

Unfortunately there was only 1 loaf of bread and a lot of sulphur. So I have 1.5 hearts and can see those floating ghost thingies hanging around outside.

I need to open up the mountain face to allow more sunlight in.

Also... The YogsCast boys give Mo' Creatures a run through via Hannah

Edited by Pimpin' Feller

The has been an update for the Mo' Creatures mod which allows you to alter spawning rates etc of each mob and other such things.

DrZhark is also working on Dolphins. Which believe will end up making the boat obsolete :shifty:

And out of curiosity

Has any tried any of the "Adventure Mode" type maps?

I'm about to start playing the "Professor Grizzwald" story which is currently being played on Yogscast.

Link is here - Prof. Grizwald and the Curse of the Pyramid

Edited by Pimpin' Feller

I start a new world, hop a ledge and find.......

pumpkins.png

PUMPKINS!

My last world had none of these

Well, I for one love the mo-creatures mod. Not playing with sound is a plus for the added noise, and plus, it's a shit-ton more scary when a creeper sneaks up on you and you don't hear shit.

I learned a hard lesson last night, which I regret doing and really should have known. I had tamed a Pegasus, and after enjoying flying for a bit, I decided to fly over to a cave I had found close to my base, on it's own little island. So, I figure 'Hey, since Peggy here is tame and all, she won't despawn. I'll just leave her out here, she shouldn't stray too far.'

Little do I remember that lions/bears/ect. all hunt, nevermind at night. I return from my mining trip to find him gone, and all I'm left with is an image in my mind of Peggy being mauled.

Oh, and a shitload of obsidion, among other ores. Guess it was kinda worth it.

My home in my newest world

mineshot1.png

Go in front and you end up here

mineshot2.png

Take the door in front to get inside, this is one side

mineshot3.png

This is the other

mineshot4.png

Go uptop and you can see my beacons and the platforms and stairs atached to em

mineshot5.png

I have one on each side

mineshot6.png