Minecraft!

Sousa

You kicked me >_> But I wasn't present at the time, so fair call...

I went walkies and found another random foundation made of Cobblestone all fenced in... It looked like it had just started.

I also donated about 200 blocks of cobblestone to your cause. as you seemed to be out.

I'm still working at the end of my tunnel and will show you all what I've been doing at some point.

Now that I know that your DosX, it seems rather obvious :P

That's me. Thanks for the donation. It's eventually going to be a giant glass statue. The cobblestones are his shoes. >_>

I spend some houres on expanding Castle EWB. It´s much easyer to reach from the spawn point because of stairs and torches. I am also in progres of extending it to the neigbour mountain so maybe everyone can have his own room to store some privat backup parts in case of death in a fare away area. I am planing on just emptieing that mountain from top to bottom and ad rooms in it. Hotel EWB~!, such a lovly place.

The easyest way to miss coal is looking in hidden places, most of the time it´s very obvius sitting on the sides of mountains.

I need to clear two or three more levels, after that i finished clearing out the inside of a mountain. :w00t:

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Seriously. Coal is everywhere. I've had to mine a lot of it to cook enough glass for my giant glass statue.

You really ought to use wood for that--it's renewable and easier to get than coal, even if it takes a little more to do what you want.

Seriously. Coal is everywhere. I've had to mine a lot of it to cook enough glass for my giant glass statue.

You really ought to use wood for that--it's renewable and easier to get than coal, even if it takes a little more to do what you want.

I have something like 60 units of coal at the moment. I dislike using wood because it takes so much to do, and I'm going to need a lot of glass for this statue.

Bucket of Lava = win. Fuck wood and coal.

Yes, much better to waste three iron bars and an incredibly useful square of lava than to use one of the two most abundant elements in the game.

This is coal ore, Ruki:

Coalore.png

Check mountainsides, especially those with exposed gray stone.

Anyone tried cubelands? I just had a quick butchers at it, the graphics are lush.

There was another game I've seen somewhere that is a complete rip-off of MineCraft as well. I can't remember what it's called though.

Here's a sample pic of what I've been doing at the end of my tunnel recently.

I'll get a day shot and interior of my Portal room up shortly.

oiwydv.jpg

A couple more pics..

1zncx.jpg

This is the view from atop the waterfall... Ahhh there's land to my left a bit and not to much to the right.

6ggdqb.jpg

My portal room, complete with lava and fire lit path.

Edited by Rocky Feller

Ahhhh... Guys.... My son 'griefed' me :shifty: I got home from work and tried to stop me from entering the room...

I realised he was on the EWB server. He put lava in my tunnel (which I managed to clean up) and I have to replace a lot of tracks.

When I went onto the computer he was by the giant glass statue. Now, he promises he didn't break anything but I thought I'd let you know either way :P

Minecraft Beta: December 20, 2010

The next epoch is upon us! The skies are trembling, pigs are growing wings, and the nether is turning awfully cold, as Minecraft slowly crawls out of Alpha..

Minecraft will reach Beta status on December 20th, 2010.

With Beta comes a larger focus on polish and content, and we’ll start early on with adding proper modding support with a stable API, and we’d love all input we can get on this from the modders out there. We’ll also add some kind of non-intrusive narrative to the game to help drive the game experience early on, and to provide some kind of late game goal. There will be a bigger focus on testing and stability as well, with more time between updates.

When the game enters beta, the price will rise to 14.95 Euro.

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.

Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Soon, you will be able to buy gift codes for Minecraft, perfectly timed for the holidays! Even better, if you buy those before December 20, accounts created from these codes will count as alpha accounts, and will receive all future updates for free.

And the next game update (with server-side inventory) is coming next week, before Beta

Merry holidays happy! :D