Minecraft!

Sousa

I have Minecraft now and some degree of money so I may have to chip in if you guys are still needing/wanting more...

Yeah, you can com on, no problem, we got plenty of space right now.

I haven't played on single player since my son decided that him having 5 worlds was more fun...

SO you can see all my works in the Multiplayer world... Pretty sad, isn't it :P

You got multigriefed by one person. Thats just bullying. But to be honest. i prefer multiplayer, it´s just so much fn comming back and seeing what the others have on with the place.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Send you guys the server info.

The server is now up to date aagain, but might cause some lags.

Minecraft: Increased Lag

Dec 02 2010 17:33:47 by liv3d

We've been tracking down the increased lag people have been seeing with minecraft servers & believe the cause to be this update from Tuesday:

* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server

The issues caused by this come down to the server saving world data more often, as such creating a higher Input/Output on the machines hard drives which leads to lag issues :-(

There also might be some downtime.

LAX: Network Maintenance Planned

Dec 02 2010 09:57:48 by liv3d

There maybe a possible network outage during the 14th December while our network provider replaces a number of core switches & improves the network in our LAX data centre.

During this time, there maybe possible packet loss and / or higher than normal latency, there maybe also be a brief period of network downtime during this time.

Outage Window:

Start: 14th December 2010 01:00 PST (09:00 GMT)

End: 14th December 2010 04:00 PST (11:00 GMT)

LAX: Network Maintenance Planned

Outage Window:

Start: 14th December 2010 01:00 PST (09:00 GMT)

End: 14th December 2010 04:00 PST (11:00 GMT)

Can someone explain to me how PST is 3hrs and GMT is only 2?

Other than that... I'm interested to go on tongiht at some point to see what the new guys have to offer...

No raping my collections :pervert: I found one of my old stashes in my fort too while installing the portal.

And I have 3 or 4 along my tunnel.

lord_of_the_sands_089.png

The sun rises over this... this fucking thing.

This tree has been a pain in my ass. It's going to be a hell of a thing when it's finished, but goddamnitanyway.

lord_of_the_sands_090.png

When I made the first branch, I realized it looked a bit like a really long, really deformed nose--plus it has a large, mouth-like indentation under it. So this is the new Deku Tree face.

lord_of_the_sands_091.png

And you can climb inside the nose!

lord_of_the_sands_092.png

Here's a better look of how much of this level of the tree isn't finished. I'm about halfway around. I'm going to add a roof at some point and probably fill in around the portal, build a little bit higher, and then set to work on the top branches.

lord_of_the_sands_093.png

The inside of the nose. Ewwww.

lord_of_the_sands_094.png

The tree garden is finished now. I still wish it grew a whole lot faster, because it takes a shit-ton of wood just to make the tree a little bit taller, much less to make it the hulking thing it's eventually going to be.

lord_of_the_sands_095.png

And here at the base is where I'm safely storing lava so as not to catch this fucking place on fire. Mining gives me a break from tree farming, which is kind of tedious. Hopefully I'll find a dungeon down in the mines; I used up all of my mossy cobblestone building the Stick Titans in the sand castle, and I think the mossy cobblestone would look good as a floor inside the tree. I'd like to get rid of the grass, since I'm tired of animals spawning inside.

Might take a break from this one and go back to the frozen lakes; I dunno. As I said, this one is testing my patience, and the results aren't as immediately satisfying as they were with the sand castle, which was built more piecewise.

That first video scared the shit out of my son :w00t:

I couldn't stop laughing but he's all "Don't show that one again!! I don't like Creepies"

Sousa... It's nice to see you've learned a lesson about the effects of combining wood with lava :pervert:

And the tree looks kinda creepy. It'll be interesting to see it with the top branches.

Edited by Rocky Feller

I now have a tonne of minecarts with storage and engines and a track running down part of my tunnel.

Why?... Ask... ahhhh Whoever DosX is :unsure:. It's a long walk.

I guess I'm just in preperation for when everything is fully functional (possibly BETA?)

lient version 1.2.6

Server version 0.2.8 (not mandatory)

* Added /kill command. Does 1000 points damage to the player

* Did some patching client side to prevent duplicated entities

* The join server page now remembers the port as well as the ip

* Fixed a bug where joining a server on a specific port caused the client to forget all keybindings

* Added lakes and rare lava pools, both on the surface and randomly in caves.

* Fixed a crash bug when destroying the vehicle from under a player

* Players connecting to a server or respawning are invulnerable for three seconds

We’re working on tweaking minecraft.net a bit, and we need to replace the YouTube video on there. But it turns out nobody here is good at making videos, and you guys are just awesome at it. We need your help!

We’re looking for one video for the front page that sets the mood of the game and sells it well without being too cheesy, and for one tutorial type video on some help page somewhere. We have some requirements:

* No custom texture packs, it should show off the “raw” game

* No video effects like bloom or blur

* No copyright protected music

* You’ll have to tell us that we can use your video

So if you have anything good, or if you want to make anything new, please email us (notch@mojang.com and/or junkboy@mojang.com), and we’ll select a few nice ones and possibly rotate them every now and then to keep the page fresh.

We’d appreciate it a lot!

I now have a tonne of minecarts with storage and engines and a track running down part of my tunnel.

Why?... Ask... ahhhh Whoever DosX is :unsure:. It's a long walk.

I guess I'm just in preperation for when everything is fully functional (possibly BETA?)

DosX is me you clown. :P

You kicked me >_> But I wasn't present at the time, so fair call...

I went walkies and found another random foundation made of Cobblestone all fenced in... It looked like it had just started.

I also donated about 200 blocks of cobblestone to your cause. as you seemed to be out.

I'm still working at the end of my tunnel and will show you all what I've been doing at some point.

Now that I know that your DosX, it seems rather obvious :P

Edited by Rocky Feller