Incoming: 2011 Edition

YI

...it might be a little early, but info for some 2011 releases/bands entering the studio is coming to light. So fuck it...let's say what we're looking forward to.

Shit Still To Come in 2010 [Top 3 are the main three]

"Rock Dust Light Star" by Jamiroquai (November 1st)

"Disco Synthesizers & Daily Tranquilizers" by Styrofoam (October 12th)

"The Family Tree Pt.1: Roots" by Radical Face

--------------------------------------------

"Measures" by The Attika State

"Bayonets" by Bayonets

"Sweet Saint Me" by Two Cow Garage

"EP" by Frank Turner

"Tomboy" by Panda Bear

"Icons" by None More Black

"Provincial Road 222 (EP)" by John K Samson

"There is Nothing But Chemistry Here (EP)" by Tall Ships

Shit For 2011

"Album #4" by A Wilhelm Scream

"Album #4" by Frank Turner

"61 Penn" by Crucial Dudes

"1st album with Zoli" by Pennywise

"Album #3" by Jeniferever

"Album #3" by This Town Needs Guns

"Album #2" by No Trigger

"Album #2" by Tubelord

"Album #2" by The Answering Machine

"Album #3" by Polar Bear Club

"1st full-length since reform" by The Get Up Kids

"Album #2" by Lipona

"The Family Tree Pt.2: Branches" by Radical Face

"Album #3" by Jack's Mannequin

"Love Pt.2" by Angels & Airwaves (because, fuck it...Pt.1 was sodding great).

Edited by YI

I don't care if any of what I'm looking forward to is too mainstream, it's my thing :P Anyway - I'd be excited for it no matter what, but obviously I have to say "Born This Way" by Lady GaGa, but I'm especially excited given what she's already performed of it. You and I is a great little song and Born This Way (all two lines she sang) seemed to be of the same ilk, which would be a massive step away from the sounds of Poker Face and Bad Romance, so here's hoping for something new.

Jake Shears has said that the Scissors are already in the studio recording the next album, so it looks like for one there won't be a stupidly long 2-3 year wait in between. Of course, they said this in between "Scissor Sisters" and "Ta-Dah" and had a whole other album written before "Night Work", so I'll hold my celebration back a little.

Finally, I'm looking forward to getting Tiger Suit in a week or so when it's released. I've listened to Weirdo far too much already, but again, it sounds a little different to the usual fare that KT's done, so I'm looking forward to it that little bit more.

"EP" by Frank Turner

I haven't heard anything about this. What is it?

Frank on his forum;

almost certainly gonna be doing a 5 track ep in september, to release in november. in the studio again in january for album 4, release april ish.

yeah we're kicking a tracklisting around. for the moment, it's definitely going to feature "I Still Believe", a drinking song called "The Next Round", and a new more rock-ish song called "To Absent Friends". And two others.

Edited by YI