Male or Female

zero

64 members have voted

1. 1. When you create a character in a video game, they are traditionally

• Male
    • Female
    • I eventually play as both

Bringing this discussion over so we don't flood the Batman topic - when you create a character in a game, whether it's something like Rock Band or Mass Effect, do you usually make a male or female character? Me? I'm almost always female, the only times I've made male characters in games lately is Fallout 3 and my second playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins. What about you?

Male. I always actually find it a little weird when one of my friends always creates female characters to play as in every single game. Generally, if the game allows it, they'll be as close an approximation to myself as it can manage. If not, I try and dress them like Bootsy Collins.

• Like 1

Male. I always actually find it a little weird when one of my friends always creates female characters to play as in every single game. Generally, if the game allows it, they'll be as close an approximation to myself as it can manage. If not, I try and dress them like Bootsy Collins.

Same. Except I dress them like Keith Richards.

In terms of Fallout and Mass Effect, I was male on my first run through (as a bad guy) but then was female on the second (good guy or rather girl in this case). Rock Band/GH are male because they're recreations of CAW's from SD games. Can't think of many more i've played this gen where it isn't a case of picking from a cast of characters (ala L4D1/2, Borderlands). I think Saints Row 1/2 let you choose but I was a male in those.

First play through: Male-Good/neutral

Second playthrough: Female-evil.

For games where you choose from a select few characters...it depends. In Left 4 Dead, Zoey was my favorite character, so I chose her....but couldn't get into the chick in 2. In Borderlands, I chose Siren because of her special abilities.

Just like Skummy. Male, and a close approximation to me...Or at least KIND of that way. I have a bad imagination so need to empathise with the character.

However this also leads to me struggling to enjoy novels written from a woman's point of view. <_<

Everyone in the Cube RP scene can probably guess where my vote went.

It sort of depends, though. Like, on Rock Band I have both a male and female character, but for games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age I'm pretty much always defaulting to female.

Male, and generally as close as a representation to me as is possible. Sad, but the way I do it.

Yeah, I tend to always create myself in everything too - It's hard to not imagine myself as said customisable character.

My Band Hero band has 3 guys and a girl.

But that's about it.

For games where you choose from a select few characters...it depends. In Left 4 Dead, Zoey was my favorite character, so I chose her....but couldn't get into the chick in 2. In Borderlands, I chose Siren because of her special abilities.

Don't lie, you were only Zoe because we wouldn't let you be one of the cool characters.

Don't lie, you were only Zoe because we wouldn't let you be one of the cool characters.

I chose to be Zoe because badass army guy was taken and the other choices were gay biker or gay black guy.