MLB The Show

Cactus Drags

I take batting practice sort of sporadically, I don't really understand how it's beneficial. All they do is lob the ball at you, of course I'm going to hit it every time. >_> I'll start taking it before every game that I start now, though.

And I'll take your advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Got back into my Mets game that I had started a while back. After steamrolling through the 2010 WS, sweeping the Yanks in 4 thanks largely to contributions from guys who went above and beyond the call of duty, I simmed the bulk of the 2011 season. Won the NL East in the final weekend of the year and decided to use manager mode to go through the playoffs. Was surprisingly fun making the calls but not actually playing. Got to the WS again in 2011 and found myself down 3-1 but crawled back into it before dropping an extra-inning heartbreaker to the Rangers in Game 7. Jenrry Mejia was a fucking beast throughout the playoffs but I didn't hit enough.

Had a ton of expiring contracts and as such, a lot of money to spend. I let an aging Beltran (who wanted 4 guaranteed years), Castillo, and Perez walk. Re-upped K-Rod for another 3 years while also bringing back Jon Rauch (who I had signed prior to 2011 and he ruled) for 2.

Got Grady Sizemore for 3 years and Aaron Hill for 2, both were given mutual options for an extra year. I sniffed around for SP help but then on December 8th the Giants inexplicably non-tendered Tim Lincecum, guessing he was asking for too much. He had a better year than Santana (who won the Cy Young due mainly to wins) So I backed the truck up and gave Timmy a 6 year pact. My top 3 are Lincecum, Santana, and Mejia. Fucking nasty.

Also signed a couple vets and threw them on the 40 man roster, ditto for a few prospects I wanted to check out (treated all of them as "spring training invites"...a feature I'd love to see in the future).

Here's the 40 man roster I'm taking into Spring Training 2012 -

Catchers: Omir Santos, Josh Thole, JR Towles

Infielders: Ike Davis, Nick Evans, Reese Havens, Luis Hernandez, Aaron Hill, Chin Lung Hu, Daniel Murphy, Jose Reyes, Ruben Tejada, David Wright

Outfielders: Jason Bay, Kosuke Fukudome, Brahiam Maldonado, Fernando Martinez, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Angel Pagan, Grady Sizemore

Starting Pitchers: Bruce Chen, Tim Lincecum, Jenrry Mejia, Pat Misch, Jon Niese, Mike Pelfrey, Johan Santana, Tobi Stoner

Relief Pitchers: Manny Acosta, Pedro Feliciano, Sean Green, Ryota Igarashi, Bobby Parnell, Adam Pettyjohn, Jon Rauch, Francisco Rodriguez, Josh Stinson, Hisanori Takahashi, Raul Valdes, Ryan Webb