Football Manager 2011

Dan

In my Bolton game, Matty Taylor has just broke his leg and will be out for 6-7 months. Then in the next press conference, I get asked 'Is there a chance Baresi could put pressure on Taylor and stake a claim for a regular place in the team' :huh: . The box in the top corner even recognises that Franco Baresi is an Italian director and not a Bolton defender, found it very strange that it came up with this question!

I think I may have made a slight oversight when signing Christian Pander. He's had two severe injuries in the past, his natural fitness is 1, so it seems it is impossible for him to achieve full match fitness. <_<

Luckily Jose Enrique is the boss, so I haven't had to use him much yet. I think I might have to Ledley King him and give him his own training regime that just focusses on keeping him as fit as possible.

We won the FA Cup :w00t: Beat Bolton 3-1 in the Semis and then Man City 1-0 in the Final. Ended up losing to Bolton on the last day and finished 8th behind Liverpool who jumped up from 9th. Europe to look forward to next year. The squad cleansing has begun, already sorted out deals for Roberts and Benjani to leave, Goulon will have to go if I can keep a hold of J Jones, have to decide if its worth keeping Salgado around and if Emerton is a suitable replacement. Also need to decide whether a strike line of Kalinic, Rochina, Hoilett, Pivkovski and Blackman is actually going to get me anywhere.

I was soooo close to beating Man City in the FA Cup quarter final, until they equalised in the 88th minute and it finished 2-2. Will play the rematch at their place tonight...not hopeful of anything since almost all of my defenders have been injured in one form or another other the past month or so. Should get some cash out of it though, I guess.

Plus I secured automatic promotion with 8 games to go! Still got a few more to win to secure the title thought...YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY CROWN, BRISTOL CITY

About to start the dreaded second season, following were my transfers over the summer...

IN

Liam Ridgewell - DF - (£3,600,000 from Birmingham)

Owen Hargreaves - MD - (Free, released by Manchester United)

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa - DF - (£9,000,000 from Montpellier)

Eren Derdiyok - ST - (£6,000,000 from Bayern Leverkusen)

OUT

Jason Roberts (Free to Hercules)

Benjani (Free to Al-Sadd [Qatar])

El Hadji Diouf (£2,000,000 to Cesena)

Nick Blackman (£2,000,000 to Crystal Palace)

Zurab Khizanishvili - (Released)

Amine Linganzi - (£2,500,000 to Wolves)

Julio Santa Cruz - (Released)

Maceo Rigters - (Released)

Leaving me with a first team that looks like this

GK - Paul Robinson

RB - Mapou Yanga Mbiwa

CB - Christopher Samba ©

CB - Gael Givet

LB - Liam Ridgewell

DM - Owen Hargreaves

RCM - Steven N'Zonzi

CM - Vincenzo Grella

LCM - Morten Gamst Pedersen

ST - Nikola Kalinic

ST - Erin Derdiyok

-----------------------

S1 - Mark Bunn

S2 - Martin Olsson

S3 - Phil Jones

S4 - Brett Emerton

S5 - Mauro Formica

S6 - Junior Hoilett

S7 - Ruben Rochina

Said we'd qualify for Europe through the league... So I'll probably be up for the chop at the end of the season.

You got Ridgewell quite cheap there, by the looks of things. I swear they always ask in the region of £5-6 million for a player like him. How's Phil Jones coming along in your game? He's always pegged for one of the future, and reached that potential for Man City in my Ipswich game. But how's he doing for you at the moment?

P_Jones_FM.jpg

Before signing Ridgewell, Jones was first choice to play at the back next to Samba. He didn't get a lot of game time last year due to a couple of small injuries but he averaged over 7 for the season. Hopefully he'll play more often this year.

And I was surprised by the price I got Ridgewell for as well. Birmingham agreed that price with Bolton for him but it fell apart in contract negotiations, so I bid the same amount as Bolton had and they agreed. I was actually thinking of bidding for Scott Dann and not Ridgewell from Birmingham but kept them both on my watchlist, Dann got injured at the tail end of last season and will miss the start of this one so Ridgewell became the better candidate.

If you fail, it'll be because of a noticeable lack of Brett Emerton in your starting XI.

Quite possibly! Emerton isn't as good a right back as Mbiwa though and I don't play a wide right midfielder, I have three central guys and a defensive midfielder behind them, so he doesn't really fit into the system. And if I want a right winger, Hoilett and Formica have about double the pace so usually get the nod ahead of him. He's a good utility player though, so handy for the bench.

You know you've got a bit of an injury crisis when Paul Konchesky is your most experienced defender and your having to make do with him at RB :(

Proper unlucky with injuries atm on my Liverpool game

You know you've got a bit of an injury crisis when Paul Konchesky is your most experienced defender and your having to make do with him at RB :(

Proper unlucky with injuries atm on my Liverpool game

I'm similar only mine is in the midfield. I play three in the middle and after new signing McDonald Mariga got injured, in my last game I was playing a midfield of Trasch (my right back), Shelvey and Kuyt.

I've also found that Carroll and Suarez are pretty shit so far, I'll persist with them in the hope they come good but I'm 3rd in the league pretty much solely because my defence never let anyone score. 21 games in, 14 conceded.

With Emerton, the reason i kept him around till he was 36 was partly due to the fact he is a long serving player, but mostly because his stats like pace, strenght etc don't go down too much and he can play in alot of positions. Very useful a back-up.

• Like 1

I've got a striker called Febian Brandy who is free at the start, eh is my top scorer and doesn't afraid of anything. I just wonder how he is in some of the games you lot are playing.

I have a knack for signing young starlets and selling them on for a million+, which is useful for me since I am Orient and it is hard to make any money, at least until my stupid chairman finds the money for a new stadia.

2010/2011- Rangers- Won Scottish Premier League, Semi Finals of the Scottish League Cup, 3rd Round of the Scottish Cup, 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League.

2011/2012- Rangers- 9th in Scottish Premier League, Round of 16 in the Scottish League Cup, 4th Round in the Scottish Cup, out in Europa League Group Stages.

Inexplicably, this led to me not getting sacked and landing the Chelsea job in the summer. Admittedly, they weren't the force they were a couple of seasons ago, with no European competition to play in and a horrendously old squad, but there was some real talent, added to by me spending £55 million pounds on transfers over the course of the season, and a return to the top four was very much expected...

2012/2013- Chelsea- 7th in Premier League, 2nd round of League Cup (to Peterborough!), Quarter Finals of FA Cup. SACKED. (In March 2013)

Replacing me at Chelsea was David Moyes, and I was able to nab his vacant seat at Everton without even applying for the job. When I took over there were only five games left in the season, and I had a good record- Won 4, Lost 1. But now I've entered 2013/2014 and my record is unspectacular- Played 6, Won 2, lost 4. I spent my entire transfer budget of £15 million, yet my summer signings have been poor.

As a manager, I'm reminding myself quite a lot of Graeme Souness- flashes of potential, but mostly god-awful.

Edited by jack95