Football Manager 2011

Dan

If the United youth team become as good as their FM counter-parts we are set for years

I got Ryan Tuncliffe in on a free with Villa and he's so good, he breaks up play like crazy and sets up goals with sliding tackles...completely made my buy of Diame useless and he's made sure Petrov gets sold too.

FM is finally becoming really fun for me. I've been trying to pull off the great escape with West Ham. I took over for them in the start of January; they were either bottom of the table or 19th - both us and Blackpool were utter shit. They had 1 win in the first half of the season, and we were 12 or 13 points away from safety, and about 10 from Sunderland in 18th. We've somehow gotten back into the fight for survival, thanks mainly to, of course, Scott Parker being an absolute beast. We're on a 3 match winning streak, thanks to playing lowly teams like out-of-form Birmingham, already relegated Blackpool, and Stoke at home. I'm 2 points away from safety at 36 points. Wigan are at 38, and Stoke 39. Have away trips to Blackburn and, of course, Wigan, to end the season. If I pull this off, then fuck Curbishley and Tevez, myself and Parker have pulled off the real great escape at West Ham <_<.

Although, it would be interesting to play with West Ham in the Championship, just to see how much of the roster I would have to sell off, and who I could convince to stay.

Rosenborg lost 3-0 to Molde. We could only draw our game. We had all the shots but didn't score. It was horribly frustrating.

Now going into the last game of the season. We have to win and hope Rosenborg lose. We would go level on points with them but win the league because we've got a superior goal difference.

Missed out on the league by 3 points (Rosenborg beat relegated Odd comfortably on the last day, had they lost, we would've won the league) but retained the Cuppen! With Borre Steenslid getting the winner for the second year in a row! He's probably my third highest scorer all season, and he's a centre back. Bolton have been sniffing around him recently. I don't really want to lose him. I've got quite a good collection of defenders.

I'll provide a proper rundown of my Tottenham game in a couple days (there'll be plenty to say, as I'm a manager who loves to dip his hands into the transfer market) but I just want to drop in to say that I bought back Berbatov in my third season from Man U for 2.7 million, but he has been CASH MONEY on the pitch scoring eight times from 7 starts and 9 total appearances. At this rate I would't be surprised if I end up paying less than 100K per goal for him.

I've seen older players in the Northern Ireland league. I once saw a player approaching 50.

EDIT: I've been offered the job of manager of Boro. They're 8th in the Championship, but aren't all that well off financially. I'm also apparently linked with the job at Werder Bremen.

I could try to win the league in Norway or move to other teams.

I'm sure I've read people have started games, and then went holiday before taking over a club, how'd they go about this?

If I add a new manager when I start, and then holiday, I can't take over any club, I got to apply for jobs, so yeah, do you just retire this manager and add a new one again once you're in a few months, or is there another way?

I just click go on holiday, tick apply for all jobs at the top of the screen, and then click indefinitely, and there you go. If that isn't working, then there's a bug in the game, or you aren't setting a high enough reputation for whatever reason.

Also, what nations in the game have short-ish seasons? Slightly strange question, but I'm horrible at committing to long term games, and I hear countries like Iceland have about 18 games a season, which seems a lot more achievable.

Edited by jack95

Yeah, I know I can do it that way mate, but that way, only clubs were the manager is under pressure and on verge of being sacked will approach me, I'm seeing people start at any club they want. Unless they're starting game at a later date (e.g. Russia January 2011) and doing it that way.

I ignored Boro (the transfer budget was about 16K). I am now preparing Viking for the 2017 season. I have sold off two youths/fringe players for decent amounts of money and were 6-1 to win the league. Second favorites!