Football Manager 2011

Dan

I still quite like the idea from a while back of creating one big save and getting people to do six months or a season at the club before passing it on to somebody else. It would be easy enough to do once a decision had been made on the club, and if people weren't completing their stint in time you could just pass the save on to the next person who wanted a go...

Not having a good February. Injuries and suspensions have caused me to drop points against West Ham and Wolves, and although I did beat Arsenal, I then lost to United leaving me 4 points behind them. This is made worse by the proximity of all the other clubs around me (after 28 games played):

1. Manchester United - 64pts (GD +54)

2. Arsenal - 60pts (GD +43)

3. Manchester City - 60pts (GD +42)

4. Nottingham Forest - 60pts (GD +37)

5. Chelsea - 59pts (GD +34)

----

6. Tottenham Hotspur - 50pts (GD +6)

Now I have the Champions League ties for which my January signings are ineligible anyway, thereby making it difficult to even put out a good starting XI let alone a bench.

Sigh...

(Hmm, yeah. I appear to have run out of midfielders. Can't even find enough random/shit youth players to put on the bench.) :/

Who'd be the first to sell the best players for lols?

Aside from that mischief maker. We all have different management styles and would potentially be building different teams. Then there's the Ebbsfleet problem, there are some teams one would not be prepared to help achieve success for example!

This Leicester game is getting insane. Win 5-0, lose 3-0, win 5-1, lose 6-0, draw 0-0, draw 4-4.

Just sold Abe, which I expected to get flack for, but I got a lot more for him than the fans expected, which was useful. I only sold him because we couldn't get a new work permit for him (he'd made no effort to learn English anyway, so fuck him). Now looking at bringing in Tom Hateley from Motherwell as a kind of replacement.

Leigh Griffiths and Matty Fryatt continue to give us the best goals scored in the league, with 40 between them in twenty games each, but our defense still can't seem to hold it together, despite solid ratings. Speroni's form has caused me to give David James the goalie position, who seems to either keep a clean sheet, or leak worse than a broken tap.

We should all do the same challenge simultaneously in one of the play alongs (I'm determined to do one that people will be interested in). What would people be interested in doing?

If it is an English start, count me out. Everyone knows it inside-out. Granted very few would take a foreign club for more than a season but still, it would be better.

I'd be down for a one season, one manager game. I'll even start it off, but we really should start at a lower league club.

There have been a few of them over at sortitoutsi and they've gone on for 30-40 years.

I remember someone saying they had a player who kept getting third in (Young?) Player of the Month. I share your bemusement, as this is how Stanojevic has placed in YPOTM so far this season:

August: 1st

September: 3rd

October: 3rd

November: 2nd

December: 2nd

January: 3rd

February: 3rd

Although at least there seems to be some more consistency with the other players. Apparently Aston Villa's striker Duncan Brown and Cardiff's left-back Romain Diot are the bastards keeping him away from these awards.

Really I'd be up for either, but I think a succession game would be more enjoyable as long as nobody starts being a prat and does their best to make it as hard as possible for the following manager. With one of these you'd only be playing for six months to a season-ish, so it would be easy enough to get through and you wouldn't have to abandon other saves.

The problem I see with everyone just taking control of one club and seeing how far they can go is there are so many variables, so much so that it seems impossible that the person who does the best on their own save can have an infallible claim to being the best manager of that club unless he's achieved in exceptional circumstances. What if one person gets taken over by a tycoon and can just buy trophies? Conversely, what if there's a board takeover and the new boss sacks the manager?

I think we should do somewhere ridiculous, like Poland. Or maybe do a South American game or something?

Also. Fuck Milan Mandaric. I know £6m is a massive offer for a player of our team's size, but he just sold Leigh Griffiths, who has been the absolute shining star of the team for two seasons. Now Fryatt has to find a new perfect strike partner. I've got Crncic but he doesn't strike well with Fryatt (he's his back up), Waghorn is great, but works better in a threesome, and Caleb Folan has all the consistency of sour yoghurt. Looking at signing Kevin Phillips and Michael Owen on frees since they've been out of contract over six months and their wages have dropped considerably. I'm going to wind up with a ridiculous amount of ageing ex-England players at this rate, I've already got David James and Sol Campbell <_<