Co-Op games on xbox

So girlfriend wants me to pick up some two player games for the xbox that we can play. I don't know what to get. I'm considering picking up Gears of War, as that's fun as all hell for co-op, as well as a couple others. We've got Borderlands, Left 4 Dead and, uh, no, that's about it as far as co-op games go.

So yeah, what's on the market worth picking up for multuplayer superfun?

Rock Band would be fun but holy shit it's expensive. And I may pick up LEGO Batman, she already finds my massive Batman mancrush to be hilarious, so I figure Batman would at least put a smile on her face. What's the Harry Potter game like? The films are pretty fucking good, does the game reflect?

Earth Defence Force 2017 is the one i'm alluding to. It's graphics are last gen, it has little to no story and suffers from pretty bad slowdown at times but it's got a charm to it and it's awesome to wipe out ants and stuff with rockets/machine guns/flamethrowers etc.

LEGO Batman should theoretically be quite cheap, although not as cheap as LEGO Indy. You can get that for peanuts. Other than that, Resi 5, MW2 might be worth borrowing or something for Spec Ops, W@W has it's whole campaign as co-op (bar about two missions), Army of Two (and/or it's sequel), Castle Crashers and Aegis Wing on the Arcade (Aegis is only on the US marketplace but it's free). Then there's stuff that I can't speak for like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1/2, Kane & Lynch, GRAW, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Too Human (which by all accounts is meh but it's cheap), Viva Pinata 2.

Rock Band, you could maybe get lucky if you checked your local store to see if they're desperately trying to shift their stock of instrument bundles. I've heard as low as £30 for Band Hero.

Rock Band would be fun but holy shit it's expensive. And I may pick up LEGO Batman, she already finds my massive Batman mancrush to be hilarious, so I figure Batman would at least put a smile on her face. What's the Harry Potter game like? The films are pretty fucking good, does the game reflect?

I have Lego Batman and it's pretty fun co-op, albeit a bit too easy most of the time for grown people. Also, you first have to play through the Heroes Campaign (at least...I think so) whilst the Villain campaign is much more fun because you get to play with the likes of The Penguin, Bane, Croc, Catwoman, Clayface, Mr Freeze, Harley, Joker etc...and they all move differently and have different moves, whereas the Heroes campaign is just Batman and Robin the whole time (you later get to play with Batgirl and some other heroes but that's after you completed the missions so...).

Halo 3's campaign can entirely be done in co-op but split screen doesn't work that well although you do get used to it after a while. If you want a shooter in which you can also fly and drive around in vehicles like a crazy person then Halo 3 is an option. Another one is Call of Duty World at War (co-op campaign minus the vehicles).

Ofcourse sports games can always be done co-op.

Resident Evil 5 is also on 360 I think and its single player campaign is actually really focused towards co-op, you have to work together to get past certain points, it's pretty neat and fairly lengthy.

Lastly, I recently bought Trine on the PC and it's extremely enjoyable in co-op. I'm pretty sure it's available as a arcade game on the 360.

Army of Two is pretty fun. The first one is really short, but the gameplay is simple enough and it's a blast to play with another person. I imagine the sequel (The 40th Day) is the same way.

Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

You can play the game, and she can sit and watch...or make you a sandwich. That is true teamwork.

She watched me play Fallout for, like, 3 hours last week. It was wonderful.

Viva Pinata looks a whole heap of fun, she's not exactly a gamer, so she'd probably get quite involved with the colours (as would I, it looks glorious). I think LEGO Batman is a must, I had it on PSP and it was damn good fun, co-op would be wonderful. The Star Wars ones also look damn fun, and it'd serve as an education as last week she asked which one Dark Vader was. Bitch. I'd pick up Resi Evil 5, but she seems dead against (pun intended) zombie games for some strange reason, but I know you can pick it up cheap so I'll have to have a look. Army Of Two looks quite silly, so I'll have to have a look at that too.

As it stands, I think it's gotta be Gears of War, LEGO Batman, Viva Pinata and Army of Two as definites. Resi Evil 4, the other LEGO games and Rock Band would be good back-ups and COD and Halo can go fuck themselves. >_>

When you say Viva Pinata, the first one is single player only but the second one, Trouble in Paradise (Horstashio with the controlled frenzy!), lets two people play. I think it was marketed as a parent being able to help out if their child got stuck.