NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Hmm? A high teens,low 20s pick and a second rounder statistically probably won't produce as good a player as Mike Fisher. They might, but I think this is a great trade for the Predators.

Since Mike Fisher was picked 44th overall, I'd say there is a decent chance that a late teens pick might produce a player as good as Mike Fisher. -_-

Also, my paper ran the headline that Fisher wanted the move so he could be closer to Carrie Underwood. In that case, lulz.

Hmm? A high teens,low 20s pick and a second rounder statistically probably won't produce as good a player as Mike Fisher. They might, but I think this is a great trade for the Predators.

Since Mike Fisher was picked 44th overall, I'd say there is a decent chance that a late teens pick might produce a player as good as Mike Fisher. -_-

1998 was a really deep draft :shifty:.

Although, between picks 15 and 27 that year(where Nashville is likely to end up), the only players who I'd say stack up to Mike Fisher are Robyn Regehr, Simon Gagne, and Scott Gomez. So the Senators have a 25% chance of getting a player as good as or better than Mike Fisher.

Or they could go off the board and get someone like a Brad Richards, Erik Cole, Brian Gionta, Jaroslav Spacek, Andrei Markov, Pavel Datsyuk... you know, guys taken after Mike Fisher.

Just because you have a first round pick doesn't mean you can't go fishing a bit. They could trade down and get Brad Richards AND Pavel Datsyuk. You never know.

Meanwhile, Fisher is alright, but he's not getting any younger at a time when the Senators clearly need to. Win deal for Ottawa, win deal for Fisher, win deal for Underwood. The only possible losers are Nashville if they botch the draft pick and Mike Comrie if Fisher decides he wants to take Hillary Duff away from us too. >_>

Also, while researching the 1998 drafts, I found this awesome gem:

Los Angeles traded Kimmo Timonen and Jan Vopat to Nashville after the Predators agreed not to select Garry Galley.

This is maybe the greatest trade ever.

James Reimer stood on his head last night and Keith Aulie was solid. The Leafs are 7 points back, so it is still unlikely, but if the TSN commentators can talk about New Jersey making the playoffs, then why not Toronto?

I hope Reimer is not just a second or third string goaltender having a good run. He doesn't give out massive rebounds and looks to be in the right position on most plays. Unlike Gustavsson, he doesn't overplay the puck. Most importantly, he is the first Leafs goaltender since the lockout who doesn't give up massive amounts of goals between the legs or under the armpit.

I see Kaberle getting us a good forward prospect, a second line type forward, and a first or second round pick. People say "top line center", but.why would any team making a playoff run sacrifice a top line guy?

If Burke had moved him before the season, maybe he gets good value. At this point, the best he could probably get is something similar to the Beauchemin trade.

I also hear rumours of teams wanting Kris Versteeg.

Shame no one wants Phil Kessel.

Screw that. Kessel is a pure goal scorer. His cold streak will end. He is generated three or four real quality scoring chances a night. In the last two games, he created a goal with his speed and offensive instincts. I don't know how many times he has hit the post in the last 12 games, but it seems like he has done that at least once a game. When he finally cracks the streak, he will continue a season that was actually going well before this cold spell.

Plus, Kessel is only 23 years old.

Guest mr. potato pimp

Random thought - all the pundits seem confused why there's suddenly all the extreme frustration in the NHL. Could it have something to do with the players being tired, and not getting the two-week break they got for the Olympics last year?