NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

No. Carolina is facing Buffalo tonight. If Buffalo wins and NY loses, we are two points out of 8 and three back of 7, instead of three out and four out.

You've already stated that NYR are falling. Therefore them being behind Toronto come season end is a given, isn't it? Either that or that they're falling is irrelevant.

Under that assumption then, you're trying to catch the team that's four points ahead instead of two?

I want us to get to eighth. We face Buffalo twice, so we control passing them. I want Carolina and New York to both drop now.

Now we are three points behind New York for 8th. Even 7th is in sight!

But Buffalo has more games left. You should be hoping they lose.

No. Carolina is facing Buffalo tonight. If Buffalo wins and NY loses, we are two points out of 8 and three back of 7, instead of three out and four out.

You've already stated that NYR are falling. Therefore them being behind Toronto come season end is a given, isn't it? Either that or that they're falling is irrelevant.

Under that assumption then, you're trying to catch the team that's four points ahead instead of two?

I want us to get to eighth. We face Buffalo twice, so we control passing them. I want Carolina and New York to both drop now.

Now we are three points behind New York for 8th. Even 7th is in sight!

But Buffalo has more games left. You should be hoping they lose.

They will, I've cursed them.

goleafsmango.gif

2u7ahol.jpg

Edited by Toe
  • Like 1

goleafsgo.gif

Nice...just may have to steal that for my sig!

Can't believe NHL Network isn't showing the Leafs game tonight.

Too late, I already did!

Actually...you can have that one. I'm going to use Leafs Man!

Terrible period. Chicago played last night, but Toronto looked like the tired team. They couldn't make a play. Chicago did a great job of taking away the easy passes, and scored when given the chance. That first goal was a weak one and Reimer would probably like it back, but the Leafs are giving Chicago tons of scoring chances.

The Rangers are here and they're really angry.

Leafs were six points back two weeks ago. Now it's five points back. Toronto has the Islanders in New York, followed by Philly and Buffalo in Toronto. The game against Buffalo is very important, but Toronto can hardly afford to lose any of these games.

Edited by Toe

Leafs probably need 11 points in their next 7. Islanders/Florida are must wins because they are worse teams, Sabres/Canes are must wins because they're in the race, and 3 points out of the Flyers/Lightning/Bruins games is a reasonable expectation. If they can do that, and get 4 points out of their western road trip coming up, they'll have a shot at 90+ and the playoffs.

If the Rangers, Sabres, and Canes all go .500 the rest of the way, 89 will be just good enough. I expect some of those teams to be better than .500, so we'll probably need to win 12 or 13. Looking at the schedule, it's doable, but won't be anywhere close to easy.