NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Guest mr. potato head

It feels so weird to not be watching TSN, or any coverage. I'm at work and far too busy to be following along online. Planning on taking a late lunch though, which should overlap nicely with the actual deadline.

A lot of stuff usually happens in the hour or two after the deadline passes itself.

I demand a huge trade, right now! :angry:

Robbie Schremp claimed off waivers.

Any move involving Robbie Schremp is HUGE!

When I was working for Team 1260 in Edmonton, the fans LOVED Schremp...he was the next big thing in their eyes. And then the Oilers lose him to waivers :shifty:

I wonder what the show would be like...since nothing is really happening. Hour and a half to go (2pm est right?), and only two trades...

3 o'clock is the deadline. They've been doing stuff like trade flashbacks or spotlighting different guys on their Top 20 Players in Play, just obvious filler. Tons of panelists to take up time as well. Sporadic Jay Onrait skype appearances.

Phoenix gets Rostislav Klesla from Columbus for Scottie Upshall and Sami Lepisto.

Good deal for the Jackets. Upshall's a good 2nd/3rd line forward, who will do a lot to help Columbus up front. Lepisto isn't too much of a downgrade from Klesla though either, so I think Columbus really comes out of this much better than Phoenix does.

That being said, it gives the Coyotes someone who will play a lot of minutes on the back-end, so they don't have to rely too much on Ed Jovanovski.

Rusty Klesla to Phoenix for Scottie Upshall and Sami Lepisto.

GYS will hate this trade. I love it since the Blue Jackets are out of the playoffs and I think they win this deal easily.

I like Klesla. He was drafted to be a scoring two way defender. His offensive game never developed, but he is a good defensive defender who cam hit hard and eat up minutes.

Columbus adds Upshall, which is an upgrade. The Jackets are still waiting for Voracek and Filatov to develop, and surrounding them with players like Upshall should help.

1:18 DarrenDreger: Oilers trade Shawn Bell to Colorado for Kevin Montgomery. [via Twitter]

All those earlier trades were clearly opening space. Don't despair Plubby!

Smart move, can't imagine they gave up much. Good depth for them.

...wait, the Hawks you said?

Man, fuck those guys.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's Potulny and a 2nd. Jeezus shit that is overpayment.

2:06 TSNBobMcKenzie: Allen for Samsonov is now official. [via Twitter]

Scrub for scrub deals, yay!

2:06 TSNBobMcKenzie: STL trades Brad Winchester to ANA for a 3rd round pick. [via Twitter]

Yay!

The fact that Bryan Allen had a No-Trade Clause was baffling.