NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

I always thought Johnson was going to be the next Pronger. He was first overall in the 2006 draft and although he hadn't reached his potential yet, that freak injury a few years ago probably delayed his progress. I can still see him getting better.

I think I read contract talks weren't going well.

And apparently Colorado aren't done yet....Liles is being shopped to teams.

Liles has reportedly been shopped every deadline for the past five years, I wish they'd give it a rest. Chris Stewart was quickly becoming a favourite of mine, and Shatty's awesome. Fucking hell, I wish we could trade our front office.

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah. Dragsy, Plubs, fuck you guys for that - we had FORTY-SEVEN shots and Anderson stopped them all. The way this should have gone was Optimus Reim notches shutout #2 of 176 and Ottawa loses by about six goals, but nooooooo, you had to be smart.

I think it had more to do with who was shooting than who was in net.

Yeah. Dragsy, Plubs, fuck you guys for that - we had FORTY-SEVEN shots and Anderson stopped them all. The way this should have gone was Optimus Reim notches shutout #2 of 176 and Ottawa loses by about six goals, but nooooooo, you had to be smart.

I think it had more to do with who was shooting than who was in net.

Out of the 40+ shots Toronto took last night, I can only recall one or two truly difficult saves for Anderson. Kessel got close in the third and Anderson made a great desperation save. Other then that, Toronto failed to really challenge Anderson.

You could see the flow of play from Toronto slow down without Kaberle.

Wow. Did all the rapists in Edmonton move to Denver or something?

The Flames have placed Niklas Hagman on waivers today.

With his work ethic and skill set, you can't tell me that someone (Pittsburgh?) wouldn't have given up at least a late round draft pick to get him. His numbers aren't there, but he's consistently one of the hardest working Flames game-in and game-out, and his hands are almost as gifted as Alex Kovalev's. He would have been a great fit in Pittsburgh.

Now, someone can grab him and give up nothing but cap space.

This does make me think though, that Jay Feaster has something up his sleave. The demotion of Ales Kotalik, and now of Niklas Hagman, has made cap room for a significant addition to the roster, and there's no point in removing a hard working soldier like Hagman unless something is imminent. I expect a deal in the next 48 hours.

Guest mr. potato head

You have to be fucking kidding me. Why would they move Stastny?

I don't take it as "we're looking to move as Stastny" as much as "we'll move Stastny if an offer comes along and blows our socks off". Same with Johnson. Good attitude for a GM to have, especially with a still-rebuilding team.