NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

I never understood that - he had really solid numbers last year. I think it shows just how well Rask played. Thomas had maybe an 8-year, and everyone was like HEY HE WAS A TEN LAST SEASON THOMAS IS OLD AND SHIT NOW :angry:

The Calgary Flames, carrying 8 defensemen to start the season, claimed d-man Brendan Mikkelson off of waivers from the Anaheim Ducks yesterday. To make room, they sent TJ Brodie to Abbotsford, despite the fact that he's easily been one of our top two defensemen this short year.

This has me thinking that there has to be something coming. Brodie deserves to be on this team, but was the only member of the D-Corps who wouldn't need to pass through waivers. Cory Sarich was a healthy scratch for the first three games, but has stepped up hard and heavy since being given some ice-time. Bouwmeester and Staios are expendable pieces at this point in time, but I don't see there being much legitimate interest in either man. Nothing worth making a deal for, anyways. Which leaves Robyn Regehr as the most likely piece to be moved. His contract is friendly and he's one of the top shut-down men in the league.

There's a storm a-brewin' in Calgary, and unless Darryl Sutter just made this move for the sake of making a move, then it's a safe bet that there is a defenseman or two on their way out of the Stampede City.

The Rangers need to replace Steve Eminger with somebody. Rozsival has gotten so slow, and is easily intimidated in the corners behind his own net. Both need to go! I almost wanted them to send Rozsival down and bring Redden up, however somebody claiming him off re-waivers would suck. (Although I don't see it happening)

I like Staal, Del Zotto, Dan Girardi, and even Gilroy (sometimes) but they can't play the entire game.

The Calgary Flames, carrying 8 defensemen to start the season, claimed d-man Brendan Mikkelson off of waivers from the Anaheim Ducks yesterday. To make room, they sent TJ Brodie to Abbotsford, despite the fact that he's easily been one of our top two defensemen this short year.

This has me thinking that there has to be something coming. Brodie deserves to be on this team, but was the only member of the D-Corps who wouldn't need to pass through waivers. Cory Sarich was a healthy scratch for the first three games, but has stepped up hard and heavy since being given some ice-time. Bouwmeester and Staios are expendable pieces at this point in time, but I don't see there being much legitimate interest in either man. Nothing worth making a deal for, anyways. Which leaves Robyn Regehr as the most likely piece to be moved. His contract is friendly and he's one of the top shut-down men in the league.

There's a storm a-brewin' in Calgary, and unless Darryl Sutter just made this move for the sake of making a move, then it's a safe bet that there is a defenseman or two on their way out of the Stampede City.

Honestly, sometimes it feels like that guy just plays EHM too much...

Guest Mr. Potato Head

The Rangers need to replace Steve Eminger with somebody. Rozsival has gotten so slow, and is easily intimidated in the corners behind his own net. Both need to go! I almost wanted them to send Rozsival down and bring Redden up, however somebody claiming him off re-waivers would suck. (Although I don't see it happening)

I like Staal, Del Zotto, Dan Girardi, and even Gilroy (sometimes) but they can't play the entire game.

Not that I've seen much of the Rangers this year, but Eminger's a solid third-line defenseman.

Not for us he isn't. I didn't like him in preseason and I don't like him now.

Perhaps part of that reason is that he's playing with Gilroy, who needs to learn the right and wrong time to jump into the offense. Rozsival is playing with Staal on first line and it's just not cutting it. He should be playing 3rd line.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Colton Orr scored the goal of the year tonight. Absolute beauty.

If there were any Panthers fans on the board, they would be pissssssssed. I thought it was funny. The referee was in the right spot. I don't know how he missed that call.

Colton Orr scored the goal of the year tonight. Absolute beauty.

If there were any Panthers fans on the board, they would be pissssssssed. I thought it was funny. The referee was in the right spot. I don't know how he missed that call.

Refs were brutal last night. They told both goalies that the goaltender interference doesn't count when they're outside the crease but it actually does according to the rule book. So it really should have been a 2-0 game.

Well he played his 1000th game, he gets a silver stick for that, why not honour him?

I think Boston might be fighting the Habs for most dickish fans after chanting "Thank you Kessel" after Seguin scored the 2nd goal last night.

Habs going for 4 in a row tonight. They spanked the Islanders the other night and they have them again tonight, I wouldn't be expecting the same result. He's big, He's Bald and he's starting. Auld gets his first start ofthe year tonight, and tomorrow Andrei Markov is returning. He should help out our pitiful powerplay, and the pairing of Markov and Subban together gives me a boner. Probably the 3rd or 4th best defenseman in the East and P fucking K Subban.

I'm going to be really upset if Montreal drops tonight and tomorrow's games. I don't know why, but I feel like they're due for back to back losses.

Did you just call Markov the 3rd or 4th best defenseman in the East? I'm sorry, let me laugh my fucking ass off.

Edited by thisgamewelose

It's pretty self evident. Asides from being hit by injury the last 2 seasons, he's consistantly one of the highest scoring defensemen, he QB's a Powerplay that has been top 5 in the league 4 of the last 5 years. He carried players like Sheldon Souray and Mike Komisarek, who aren't bad players, but would you justify their contracts now? How about the years they played with Markov.

I'm not saying he's the best in the league, but in the eastern conference there aren't very many defensemen better. I'm sure if he hadn't gotten injured in the second round of the playoffs last year, they'd probably have taken care of the Penguins in 5 or 6. :P

But seriously, get off your horse.