NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Guest Mr. Potato Head

A Leafs fan you say?

So the quote was "Kadri's gonna terrorize the NHL defensive corps as the Leafs make the conference semifinals? (I was gonna say Cup, but I figure after the last few years I should keep things realistic)"?

Nope. He was bashing the team and one of his points was that the team had a terrorist on it. Then when I argued with him and called him on it, he backed tracked by saying "not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims!".

It's good to know, eh?

Gabe's 2010-11 Regular Season Predictions

x-Washington

x-Pittsburgh

x-Boston

New Jersey

Tampa Bay

Philadelphia

New York

Buffalo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ottawa

Toronto

Montreal

Atlanta

Florida

Long Island

Carolina

x-Nashville

x-San Jose

x-Calgary

Chicago

Vancouver

Detroit

Los Angeles

Phoenix

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

St. Louis

Minnesota

Colorado

Dallas

Anaheim

Columbus

Edmonton

Playoff Predictions:

Washington def. Buffalo

Pittsburgh def. New York

Philadelphia def. Boston

Tampa Bay def. New Jersey

Washington def. Philadelphia

Pittsburgh def. Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh def. Washington

Phoenix def. Nashville

San Jose def. Los Angeles

Calgary def. Detroit

Vancouver def. Chicago

San Jose def. Phoenix

Vancouver def. Calgary

Vancouver def. San Jose

Stanley Cup: Pittsburgh def. Vancouver

It surprised me too.

Barry Trotz has been one of the best coaches in the NHL since he started with the Predators, and coming into this season he's got more potential on his roster than any other season. I figure that they'll do in the regular season what Phoenix did last year, which is use the element of surprise against their opponents to compile a record that makes the team look better than it is. Detroit and Chicago are both in positions where I can't see either one of them breaking out to take the division title, which I believe opens the door for Nashville, who will sneak in relatively unnoticed and claim Barry Trotz his first division title with the team.

Matthew Lombardi had a really good season with the Coyotes last year, but it wasn't enough to convince any of the contenders that he is a legit 1/2 Centerman. He'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder, and I expect big things from him this season. He was dealt from Calgary because he couldn't get over the hump and reach his potential, but he did just that in Phoenix, and I believe he'll continue to improve as the number one pivot with the Predators.

The team is going to have a breakout season on the backs of Lombardi, Weber and Rinne... but it won't be lasting. They'll drop off next season again, but this season is theirs to take in the Western Conference.

Might as well do this myself...

x - Washington

x - Philadelphia

x - Boston

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

New Jersey

Ottawa

NY Rangers

------------

Montreal

Toronto

NY Islanders

Tampa Bay

Florida

Atlanta

Carolina

x - Vancouver

x - Los Angeles

x - Detroit

Chicago

Colorado

San Jose

St. Louis

Calgary

----------

Nashville

Minnesota

Phoenix

Edmonton

Columbus

Dallas

Anaheim

Washington over Rangers

Pittsburgh over Buffalo

New Jersey over Boston

Philadelphia over Ottawa

Washington over New Jersey

Philadelphia over Pittsburgh

Washington over Philadelphia

Vancouver over Calgary

Chicago over Colorado

Detroit over San Jose

St. Louis over Los Angeles

Vancouver over St. Louis

Detroit over Chicago

Detroit over Vancouver

Stanley Cup Finals

Washington over Detroit

Edited by damshow

You're not still sore about someone removing my special title last season are you?

Let's modify the bet...

my terms are this: whoever's team wins the season series wins the bet. First tie-breaker is total combined score of the series. Winner receives a $20 coupon to Amazon or some shit.

Are these terms agreeable?

Didn't they end up tying the season series the year we did the bet? :P

I can't remember. My memory is shit for that. I'll remember in a few days when I'm not even thinking about it anymore, but then I'll be too lazy to post that on the message board when that happens.

If they tie, we'll go by the total combined score of the series, and if somehow that is also a draw, we'll go by who has the cooler jerseys. Of course, that means I would win in the event of that situation, but that's just what happens when your team is aesthetically challenged.

Yeah, making coolness of jerseys a tiebreaker is distinctly unfair when it involves the Canucks. -_-

Blues have to get used to their new boards at Scottrade, at both ends. I know it's only preseason, but meh. Also, if people like Peluso, Reaves, and Drazenovic, people who are fighting for roster spots, don't step up, they aren't helping their chances at making it at this level. That said, Ponich looked solid. Oystrick surprised me. I actually was at the game, Shattenkirk's goal was a fucking blast.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Jeff Skinner signs a three-year deal with Carolina and is told he'll have every opportunity to make the team.

Signs point to Jeremy Morin spending the year in the AHL.

:(