NHL 11

Toe

Man, fuck HUT's confusing, crashing ways. I finally completed a tournament and decided to buy a pack. I received Dan Boyle but when I moved all cards to my collection, I found out that I can't take them out of there. Why would EA not post a warning before I fucking do it, that'll happen???

I was confused at first too, but if you want to get someone from your collection onto your roster or scratched list, you need to either:

A) if your swapping a player on one of your lines for someone in your collection, select the player in your line and press X/A (PS3/XBOX). A menu will come up, go to the option named 'Swap with my Collection', and it brings you to a search to search through your collection by position.

B) if your swapping a player thats scratched for someone in your collection, on your edit line screen, go to the bottom past your 4th line and it will bring up your dressed/scratched roster. Find the scratched player you wanna replace and press X/A, and same option as before.

I hit such a rich vein of jumbos earlier it really was incredible. First jumbo Halak and Eric Staal. Like that alone is awesome. Made more pucks from trades so currently some stars in my team from packs and trades include.

Staal at 99

Spezza at like 91?

Krejci trained up to something

Burns at 91 on D

some other 86ish D

Halak 92

Aww yeah lookin good.

My top four on defence is...

Shea Weber - Lubomir Visnovsky

Braydon Coburn - Niklas Kronwall

I just need to grind more and get some more pucks. My top two line are good. I turned Robert Nilsson into an offensive force, and he plays with Doug Weight and Bill Guerin.

Tournaments, tournaments, tournaments. All I've played is offline tournaments, and mostly the Bronze cup in the featured two. I've also got tempted by the high win-bonus of a couple others so I played them as well. My record is around 32-1-2, my 3 losses coming from deciding to play online and running into stacked teams, so I've tried to avoid that until my teams better.

And ah fuck, my goalies only got 6 games left in his career. He's only 77 OVR, but he's been doing me damn good. Sad to see him go.

EDIT: Well, decided to play an online tournament again, ended up facing someone with Alfredson, Kane and a couple others, but also ended up taking the win 5-3. :D

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Does anyone have any tips for shooting? I just played my first match since getting the game today, had 37 shots and failed to score, the goaltender just blocks everything. Any help appreciated! I'm not too great on the defence side either, but I think I'll get used to that easily enough.

It all depends on the player and the situation. Make sure your not just shooting from everywhere. Obviously, the slot is the best spot to shoot. I find that if you can get a good shooter into the slot, they score more often then they don't. Pass the puck around more. Move it to the point and make the defence chase you. If you play of All-Star or higher, then fatigue happens quickly. You can tire the defence, then make a move towards the net.

Tampa Bay is a ton of fun to play as in this game with two awesome lines. I scored a hat-trick with Stamkos and beat Atlanta 7-4 in a wild game. So much fun!

I'm not playing HUT but Be a Pro is awesome and I've only just got past the Memorial Cup and getting drafted.

First thing I noticed was that when you call for a pass, You tap your stick on the ice - It's awesome.

Won't get a chance to play it much until next week or possibly on Sunday. Looking forward to what I can do with the *groan* Florida Panthers.

I got my free HUT packs - my team sucks hardcore :w00t:

Played a BAP game - it's really weird as a goalie with the game so much slower. It's good that the EXP for the position has been majorly boosted since NHL10 though - it was so freaking frustrating having a setup where even a great game (say allowing 1 goal on 14-19 shots) would only net a maximum of 15 EXP per category, whereas you would get that much for having 0 points, 4-5 shots, 4 PIM, 2 hits and a -1 in my PWF game.

It all depends on the player and the situation. Make sure your not just shooting from everywhere. Obviously, the slot is the best spot to shoot. I find that if you can get a good shooter into the slot, they score more often then they don't. Pass the puck around more. Move it to the point and make the defence chase you. If you play of All-Star or higher, then fatigue happens quickly. You can tire the defence, then make a move towards the net.

Tampa Bay is a ton of fun to play as in this game with two awesome lines. I scored a hat-trick with Stamkos and beat Atlanta 7-4 in a wild game. So much fun!

Thanks. I'm slowly getting better at shooting, and at the game in general.

Tonight I might give the Ultimate Team mode a go.

I have a couple of 80's on the auction....gonna try and build up my team the Rocksta way!!!

I've decided to go the same route. Rick Dipietro just cost me a tournament, allowing two very weak goals. I only allowed 8 shots on goal, too. So, I'm going to try to sell a goaltender that is rated 87 overall.

Also going up for sale is Doug Weight(80), Bill Guerin(82), Chris Clark(82) and Jamal Mayers(82). I'm going to keep my defence together since they are awesome. Right now, I have them listed for 1500 each and buy now at 2500. I'm afraid that might be too much, but hopefully I can sell one or two of them without lowering the price.

Man, one the servers start working better you realize how awesome HUT is. Just spend two hours completing a tourney to get some more pucks for another pack. Had to buy a bunch of low-budget wingers for about 150 pucks every now and then to fill out my roster. The juggling and the challenge of keeping everyone signed makes it a blast.

I never get players with potential. I always get old veterans. I want to get some players who I can build up and control for awhile. I did pick up Ben Bishop, who is a goalie with potential that I will definitely build and I have my defence. Other then that, I need to improve.