2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Just saw it on the ESPN website. Everyone in America knows Skip Bayless is gay right? I saw him after talking about it. Made me chuckle as he's so obviously gay.

But yeah, poor form unless you are up 3-0 and won all of those games before he was sick, or know for a fact he wasn't really and just using it as an excuse. None of it makes any sense as Dirk clearly looked like he'd risen from the grave to play game 4. It was obvious he was genuinely sick, beyond that I haven't read anything about him being woe is me because of it.

I agree with Skip that it's immature and anyone who was in the the middle will be going for the Mavs after they see it. It will turn out to be an embarrassment for them when they lose. Beyond that both have played up their own injuries in the past.

It surprised me that Wade was in on it. I always thought of him as a veteran locker room leader type of guy. With these guys running the locker room it's hardly surprising that for all their talent they look to be beaten by a veteran team who act their age.

My question is 'Why?' That took place after Game 4, right? The same Game 4 where a healthy LeBron shit the bed? Now, had Dirk gone out there, sucked something major, and tried to say it was because he was sick, that'd be one thing. But the dude was sick and made you both look like fools. Like Bayless said, I expected that type of immature bullshit from LeBron, but I was actually silly enough to think Wade was above that crap. I hope Dirk puts 40 in and ends this series right in front of their own crowd.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6651707

There's the article. There's embracing the villain role and then there's just being a prick, which Wade has now morphed into. It's like they're going to the Barry Bonds School of Dealing With the Media.

It's not being a prick. It's being immature and not willing to own your mistakes. It's something I wouldn't want from my key player if I were the GM or coach as there needs to be accountability for your actions.