Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

The "Vs. Undertaker" story sounds hella intriguing.

You pick either Kofi, Ziggler, R-Truth, Morrison, or a CAW to try and end Taker's streak

Finally, a mode to simulate all the moronic threads that show up in the Ring around January.

• Like 2

If they allow you to do a Royal Rumble with pinfalls/submissions/falls count anywhere, then this will officially push this game over the top for me.

It looks like after all your years of prayer it might just happen. I'm so happy for you, Zero!

It's about goddamn time!

And that IGN article officially has me beyond pumped. Really can't wait for this, because this is the first time that I think the Smackdown series has put out a contender for greatest wrestling game ever.

EDIT

Branching story designer stories?! Oh fuck yes.

• Like 1

Damn..looks like I'll be getting this..and a usb keyboard <_<

• Admin

It's about goddamn time!

And that IGN article officially has me beyond pumped. Really can't wait for this, because this is the first time that I think the Smackdown series has put out a contender for greatest wrestling game ever.

This.

I think THQ could be onto something. It sounds like they've finally listened to years of feedback of not only what gamers DO want but also what they DON'T want. I see massive improvements here and even though I haven't bought the game every year I've still been following it.

All of the addtions + the weapon physics are good, but has the gameplay been tweaked at all?

I would be playing the game on my own most of the time, so playing against AI who can only reverse everything you try and just stand there the rest of the time become boring 2 years ago.

Why not watch the 2 gameplay videos available and decide for yourself if it looks better or not.

It looks like the SD games always do. A couple of neat new reversal animations and the odd other touch to make it seem fresh for five minutes, but the same old, same old gameplay underneath.

I don't HATE the gameplay in the Smackdown games, it's just very average and gets tedious too quickly. Its the customisation options (especially if Create-a-Match is even HALF as in depth as I hope it is) and Universe mode that have me 99.9% sold on this years release.

Guest JukeboxHero

So, I'm looking at the pre-order perks for the game (I'm in the US, by the way):

* Best Buy pre-orders will come with Bret Hart as a playable character.

* Toys R Us pre-orders will have The Undertaker's alternate Ministry of Darkness attire.

* Amazon pre-orders will have three alternate attires for Randy Orton & $10 off a future video game purchase.

* Wal-Mart pre-orders will come with a Tribute to the Troops arena.

* GameStop pre-orders will receive $20 off WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view or the TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view.

Anybody know if these (aside from GameStop's, obviously) are unlockables in the game? For example, is Bret Hart already in the default copy of the game and is just locked? I'm trying to decide where to buy from.

• Admin

Think I'll be going for the Undertaker pre-order.

I'm not that fussed on Unforgiven 2007 tbh, but UT's entrance was pretty cool IIRC and the promo vids before the PPV and just before the match were those really cool ones set in Death Valley. Worth a watch again.

* Best Buy pre-orders will come with Bret Hart as a playable character.

* Toys R Us pre-orders will have The Undertaker's alternate Ministry of Darkness attire.

* Amazon pre-orders will have three alternate attires for Randy Orton & $10 off a future video game purchase.

* Wal-Mart pre-orders will come with a Tribute to the Troops arena.

* GameStop pre-orders will receive $20 off WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view or the TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view.

...well at least Wal-Mart will have more copies left to sell on release day than anyone else. ¬_¬

As for the UK releases... semi-definitely getting mine from Game, even if the Hart DVD is as short and underwhelming as it's likely to be (though if the others come with full-length PPVs, maybe it'll be his actual DVD?).

Edited by Farmer Reil

Definitely not going to be Owen Hart. Jake The Snake would be awesome, but I can't be the only one secretly hoping for the ultimate longshot: Brian Pillman.

EDIT

Great minds think alike, Skummy! But Vince has already been revealed.

.....or Brian Pillman? Oh, wishful thinking. It'll probably be Vince McMahon.

There are still five slots on Smackdown vs. Raw's site for Legends. Here is a list of upcoming WWE Legends action figures with confirmed members of SvR 2011 in bold:

* Stone Cold Steve Austin with Austin 3:16 t-shirt

* Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat with komodo dragon

* "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

* Sgt. Slaughter with sunglasses and whistle

* Road Warrior Hawk with shoulder pad spikes

* Road Warrior Animal with shoulder pad spikes

* Bushwhacker Luke & Bushwhacker Butch

* Rowdy Roddy Piper & "Cowboy" Bob Orton

* Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff

* "Ravishing" Rick Rude with robe

* Terry Funk with pitch fork

* Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

* Kamala with Ugandan shield and mask

* Jake "The Snake" Roberts with cobra snake

* Iron Sheik with robe

* Kerry Von Erich & Kevin Von Erich

* The Rockers Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels

* The Rock with Layeth the Smackdown t-shirt

* Mr. Perfect with towel & Intercontinental Championship belt

* Brian Pillman

* The British Bulldog with Hart Foundation jacket

* Vader with white cape

* "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan with American flag & 2x4

* The Ultimate Warrior with Intercontinental Championship belt

* George "The Animal" Steele with teddy bear

* Paul Orndorff

* Hillbilly Jim

* Demolition Ax

* Demolition Smash

Also: Randy Savage is getting an action figure as part of the Defining Moments series

Looks like the psychic powers of the EWB are holding true. Jake the Snake, Jimmy Snuka and Terry Funk are the latest reveals