Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Is Road To Wrestlemania going to be more open, or will it be linear and have a set ending like some in the past? I haven't bought a SvR game in a long time but I may have to get this one.

I don't know about that, but I know there's going to be one for Christian and a Vs. Undertaker RTWM.

Marcus Stephenson did a Podcast with GamingRing. He was asked about any new matches or features yet to be announced. On several occasions he said "There are no new match types this year, but 100 "new" ones."

Seems to be hinting at sort of Create-a-Match option. Could be pretty awesome.

Maybe I can re-enact the Canadian Rules match from WCW New Blood Rising :shifty:

I'd assume he'd be referring to either them tweaking how a lot of matches play (like the revamped Hell in a Cell and TLC matches, so they're 'new' matches), or they've expanded upon what rules you can change for each match (as in turning Pins/Submissions/DQ's/First Blood etc on and off for whatever match you select.)

Though create-a-match would be brilliant, especially if it wasn't limited like a lot of 'first time' game modes are.

Maybe have it set up where you could add layers to pre existing matches and alter rules. Some examples

Ladder match inside Hell in a Cell

Elimination Chamber where Submission is the only way to eliminate somebody

First Blood Cage Match

That's how I'd work it, simple but effective.

Stuff like Ladder Hell in a Cells would probably never work, would likely kill the game with slowdown, but the other stuff is what I've been asking for from the Smackdown series since it began. It's what I miss most about No Mercy, you could do stuff like Falls Count Anywhere Royal Rumbles with submissions only or First Blood. It bugs the shit out of me that THQ's never brought that level of customization to Smackdown, and it's been over a decade... and you still can't even go outside the ring in a six-man elimination match.

Stuff like Ladder Hell in a Cells would probably never work, would likely kill the game with slowdown, but the other stuff is what I've been asking for from the Smackdown series since it began. It's what I miss most about No Mercy, you could do stuff like Falls Count Anywhere Royal Rumbles with submissions only or First Blood. It bugs the shit out of me that THQ's never brought that level of customization to Smackdown, and it's been over a decade... and you still can't even go outside the ring in a six-man elimination match.

God, being able to customize Rumble rules would be amazing. Back with WM2000/No Mercy I found myself constantly doing First Blood, Falls Count Anywhere Rumbles. Great time.

But yeah, Canadian Rules match.

-5 count pinfalls

-No submissions

-After being pinned, you have until the count of 10 to get up

Come on THQ, let me make it happen!!! :shifty:

Wasn't there a RTWM where you had to pin someone for 5 to win in one of the matches? If they just opened up for rules for people to modify it'd be easily possible.

-5 count pinfalls

-No submissions

Wasn't there a RTWM where you had to pin someone for 5 to win in one of the matches? If they just opened up for rules for people to modify it'd be easily possible.

I honestly can't remember offhand. But I DO remember Vince was the special ref for a match in your CAW's RTWM. You and Vince were feuding at the time, so Vince takes stupidly long to count the pin. Probably nearly 10 seconds.

-5 count pinfalls

-No submissions

Yeah - SvR 2009; Better-Than-U-Topia.

I, for one, look forward to the prospect of rediculous custom matches.

30 MAN OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYALE... IN A CAGE!

I, for one, look forward to the prospect of rediculous custom matches.

30 MAN OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYALE... IN HELL IN A CELL!

Fixed.

and then when you throw them over the top rope they hit the cage on the way down or you SCM them on the apron and they hit the cage and break it open.

That would be awesome... or stupid.

Either way.