Mortal Kombat

zero

• 2 weeks later...

Just rented this, haven't played a game like this in ages. Really liking it so far, taking a while to get used to, but it's pretty awesome.

Though, how the fuck do you beat the challenge tower challenge of killing 20 Tarkatans before they reach you? I might just be utter shit and this is an easy challenge, but man I cant do this for the life of me. As soon as the big fuck enters, I'm doomed :(

Edit: Shit, scratch that, finally did it after about the 30th try! Timing along with tapping the shit out of the X button is the answer!

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

DLC and patch on the way by the end of the month (supposedly). Includes:

Skarlet (aka the "Lady in Red") as a new playable fighter

All the pre-order bonuses (which people have been charging up to $80 for on eBay), includes seven classic outfits for Scorpion, Sub Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Kitana, Jade and Mileena, and three classic fatalities for Scorpion, Sub Zero and Reptile.

• 1 month later...

I don't even... What... This new DLC character is unexpected, to say the least. I actually thought it was a very cleverly done fake at the beginning, but then I went to IGN's site and it apparently is real, so... Enjoy, I guess. I really don't know what to say.

Totally awesome. I can't believe all the meganerds whining about how it doesn't "fit" the MK games. What? Are you fucking serious, bro?

Also, unrelatedly, Rain's Geyser Kick rules.

I'm pretty sure people are only going off about it because people who paid 1200 points for the season pass are now getting a character that they probably don't want. Somebody mentioned that if it was just a Freddy type character but in the form of some ninja, people would be all over it. And they would, because it would be "an exciting new character in the series that they could use in future games". But nope, because it's a famous character from a line of movies who looks incredibly well added (even though it's the reboot Freddy), it's clearly killing the series again.

I can see why they would hate on it, because the other DLC characters have actually been from the series and added something to the story (slightly), and having a guest character at this point seems off, especially in a reboot of the series. But, it's Freddy. You really can't go wrong with Freddy. And he looks fun as hell. And if the rumoured Season 2 of DLC featuring Jason actually happens, then everything is going to get incredibly awesome very fast.

Edited by Black Majik

Yeah, I never realised people got so fucking emotionally invested in Mortal Kombat characters any more. Especially purely hypothetical Mortal Kombat characters, in favour of a recognisable awesome cameo. But shit, we could be missing out on the next Noob Saibot here!

Yes, how dare such a previously high-brow art form as MORTAL FUCKING KOMBAT "lower itself". o_O

It's more that superheroes are the lowest form of entertainment and I hate them than it is me thinking MK is high-brow :P