Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I'm guessing the Dildo Twins will have a word with Brooking at the FA and he'll do everything in his power to ensure West Ham United a.k.a 1966 World Cup Winners will be reinstated into the Premiership at our expense for the 'tapping up' of under contract player Demba Ba. Such a foolproof plan on their part and surely the end of "Little Ole" Sunderland's stint in the Premier League. Just as we were starting to look established. :(

Was nice knowing everyone here, I best get my coat and start frequenting the nPower forums, it's alright, Matt's there. He can talk to me about Leeds and stuff..

Edited by IAceI

I would but it'll be The World Cup Winners 1966 West Ham who will be replacing us I'm afraid. Although I know how much we'll all miss Holloway and his wit.

Anyone else heard Downing could be off rumours as well as Young? That'd be an awful blow for Aston Villa - Downing I'm pretty sure created the most goal scoring chances last season, certainly more than Young did - and if Villa were to lose both would be a blow. Of course they'd look to replace them, but I'm sure they'd rather keep both.

All rumours of course, but that's all we have for now I guess :-\

The whole "Chelsea only got 71pts" can be argued about Blackpool getting relegated on 39pts. I think it's not so much Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal being weaker as much as the rest of the table getting that little bit stronger where what would have been 3pts to a top 4 team turned into 1pt.

I think finishing 9 points behind Man Utd has to be considered pretty bad in itself, and when you factor in that they lost 9 games, it has to go down as a poor season. A lot more was expected.

I just don't think he'd do too well at Villa and his experience doesn't suggest he would really. I'd like to see him get the job and prove me wrong though.

The Prem is getting tighter these last few seasons. There are more upsets and the top teams slip up more often. It's gotta be a good thing though, nothing's worse than Scotland.

Hell, Holland's been much more exciting these last few years with Twente winning and Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord not so dominant.

The Prem is getting tighter these last few seasons. There are more upsets and the top teams slip up more often. It's gotta be a good thing though, nothing's worse than Scotland.

Hell, Holland's been much more exciting these last few years with Twente winning and Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord not so dominant.

If only Rangers and Celtic went away to the Conference or something. We'd have a nice little league then. Scottish Cup is perhaps even worse though. When Rangers and Celtic are drawn together in an early round and one of them gets drawn against Motherwell or something in the final. It's an embarassment.

On the other hand, on the rare instance where neither get to the final - like Hearts v Gretna in 2008 I think, it's a bloody good game.

Eh. Downing has either been tapped up or his agent is angling something because a few weeks ago he was happy as larry, looking forward to signing a new deal etc, and now he's suddenly at a crossroads and all this other shit. I'm a big advocate of if you don't wanna be at my club, then do one. Young can go, I'm fine with that. Downing, I hope he's happy and hope he wants to stay here and sign a new deal because I think he's more important than Young. Albrighton will hopefully feature a lot next year, and I'd also be chasing N'Zog. Losing both would be a big loss, but would also be a lot of cash that we could use to strengthen the side.

Just to add... it's mostly bullshit. He isn't at a crossroads. He has two years left on his contract and he started that contract in a cast and then the next few months he was toss. In two years, he'll be at a crossroads. He's just shouting out to Liverpool really. But would they be willing to pay what we want? I doubt it. Poor choice by Downing.

Terrible appointment in my opinion. No idea what Chelsea are thinking sacking Ancelotti and replacing him with Harry Redknapp of all managers.

I assume if it does happen that Spurs will be on the phone to Ancelotti quick before someone else gets him.

The bets flying in on Redknapp have apparently been ridiculous, and I have no explanation as to why. According to Goal.com (I know, reliable source lol):

Having initially been considered a 25/1 outsider for the position at Stamford Bridge, a flush of money in his direction cut his odds to 6/1 yesterday afternoon, before being shortened again to 5/2 by last night.

Three-figure bets continued to be placed throughout the evening from as far afield as Johannesburg, with the 64-year-old now even favourite to make the move from north to west London.

If I had a hat, and it happened, I would eat it. But I don't, so I can't. :shifty:

I wouldn't place too much stock in it to be honest. Bookies are frequently wrong with stuff like this. From the sounds of stok's quote it sounds like they're just covering their back.

Absolutely hilarious if true, though.

Given his dodgy financial history, I wouldn't put it past him to have influenced the bets himself :shifty:

Still, I think it would be a great opportunity for Harry Redknapp if he took it, but he can achieve the same job at Tottenham, really. So I don't see why he needs to make the switch.