Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Yeah but Zola's better than Cech, 'cos, you know, he's Zola.

You have no need to convince me of this. -_-

I'm going to the Football40 London Legends Cup in just over a week, which is a mini-tournament of Chelsea/Fulham/Tottenham/Arsenal legends at Craven Cottage (it will also be broadcast on ITV4). Zola is the Chelsea captain. It will be awesome.

• Like 1

Ryan Giggs an unknown footballer is taking out legal proceedings against Twitter over the whole Imogen Thomas thing!

Fergie and Vidic have been named Premier League manager and player of the year respectively.

Vidic I agree with but for manager I'd say Holloway or maybe even Dalglish deserve it. Tony Pulis deserves recognition for what he's in the last 4 years as well.

I think Fergie got it because of the whole 19th title thing and also doing it with what everyone has called a sub-par team. I agree though, Holloway, Daglish or Pulis would have been up there for me aswell.

Yeah but Tony Pulis is a dick.

As for Holloway, eh - I dunno. His team play exciting football, but they can't defend for shit, and haven't been able to all season. Not to mention they're still likely to be relegated. He's a character, I'll give him that much.

Can't really argue with the manager who wins the Premier League getting the award. Happy Vidic got POTY too, obviously.

Looking forward to Sunday now - I hope we beat Blackpool and leave it up to everyone else to decide their fate. Saves the hassle of people complaining we rested players. As Rio said the other day, no-one complained when we made 7 and sometimes 8 changes for games earlier in the season and still won them.

Also, G.Nevs' testimonial - Beckham's playing. Naturally looking forward to that even more. wub.gif

Neville > Beckham

But seeing Beckham back in a United shirt again is massive, I hope we can give him a testimonial once he calls it a day so we can give him a proper send off, just as we're gonna give to Neville on Tuesday.

Yeah but Tony Pulis is a dick.

As for Holloway, eh - I dunno. His team play exciting football, but they can't defend for shit, and haven't been able to all season. Not to mention they're still likely to be relegated. He's a character, I'll give him that much.

Can't really argue with the manager who wins the Premier League getting the award. Happy Vidic got POTY too, obviously.

Looking forward to Sunday now - I hope we beat Blackpool and leave it up to everyone else to decide their fate. Saves the hassle of people complaining we rested players. As Rio said the other day, no-one complained when we made 7 and sometimes 8 changes for games earlier in the season and still won them.

Also, G.Nevs' testimonial - Beckham's playing. Naturally looking forward to that even more. wub.gif

True, it'd be hard to give him it if they get relegated but if they stay up (even by goal difference, come on Spurs :shifty: ) then he's done a much more remarkable job than Fergie - which yeah, considering that you've got a weaker team than usual is still a good achievement but it was very much helped by the fact that Chelsea forgot how to kick a football for 3 months or so.

I just don't think Holloway deserves it, to be honest. If Blackpool had mirrored their earlier form, then I think there'd be a case for him. Likewise, if Dalglish had been at Liverpool all season I'd put him as a contender too. George Burley did a much, much better a job with a newly promoted team than Halloway did and was rewarded with the award. I'd find it weird if they gave it to him for finishing 17th & Burley got it for finishing 5th with a newly promoted team. Fergie's a deserved winner in my eyes, but it's not like anyone's really stood out; except for arguable, Putis.

I think based on the entire season's merit, Ferguson deserves the award more than anyone. If there is a case for anybody else though, it would have to be Pulis. Mancini deserves some props as well.

Fergie was probably always going to get it for the significance of this league title as well, but he has arguably been the best manager this season with Mancini a close-ish second for me. Props to Hodgson and Dalglish for the last six months too, but over the course of the season obviously not.

Holloway, and I'm probably being controversial because he's everyone's 'darling', but he can fuck off. Really bored of him now. He was relatively funny a few years ago, now I just cringe whenever he talks trying to make something sound funny. Sure he's more entertaining than Mark Hughes, who isn't afterall?, but on the grand scheme of things I just find him annoying. "The Premier League would be glad to get rid of us," oh is that so Ian? Because as far as I can tell most people seem to want Blackpool to stay up. I quite like Blackpool as a team, it's turned into a cliche but their come and have a go attitude is refreshing to see and they put on some entertaining matches. Holloway's where my gripe lies with. So yeah, goes against the grain somewhat but I'm not really a fan of Ian Holloway these days and wouldn't cry to see the back of him - plus I'd probably rather Wolves and Birmingham stayed up anyways.

but on the grand scheme of things I just find him annoying. "The Premier League would be glad to get rid of us," oh is that so Ian? Because as far as I can tell most people seem to want Blackpool to stay up.

It's called installing a siege mentality within your players. Not all his comments are meant to entertain you, and several are designed to serve a more practical purpose. Just like not all of Fergie's comments are actually an accurate representation of what he believes reality to be either, yet people still get annoyed by what he says without apparently realising what he's really trying to do.

• Like 2