Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Will call it a wash on the penalty decisions and on the whole Arsenal deserved the win and played some good football and actually put in some strong and robust tackles. The first twenty minutes or so was some brilliant pass and move from Arsenal, was nice to watch.

It shows how retarded the top teams have been this year that Chelsea are still in with a shout even though they'll probably get their lowest points total since Abramovich took over. Hoping they smash Man Utd next week but I'm not holding my breath.

I'd love it if Liverpool finished 5th - I don't particularly care about the Europa League but it would be really strange not being in Europe at all and it'd be nice to finish above Spurs after everybody was jizzing over how good they were and saying our squad was bottom half-quality and/or no better than Leeds' when they went down :lol: - though like I said earlier, starting off well next season is more important because we shouldn't be spending lengthy periods mid-table.

EDIT: RIP West Ham.

Edited by Pesci

Guest viperlike

League should have been put to bed today but it's not, glad it looks like West Ham are going down, they have offered nothing this year.

Logging on to facebook is a stupid thing to do when idiots can air their views so wrongly. Just logged on to see a post by a rather moronic Man Utd fan saying the following; "Vidic off, penalty arsenal, van der sar save. Walcott on evra, an clichy on Owen both pens, possible hand ball on the line which is inside."

I love football but it really does attract some clueless people at times. :-\

• Like 1

It shows how retarded the top teams have been this year that Chelsea are still in with a shout even though they'll probably get their lowest points total since Abramovich took over. Hoping they smash Man Utd next week but I'm not holding my breath.

I'd love it if Liverpool finished 5th - I don't particularly care about the Europa League but it would be really strange not being in Europe at all and it'd be nice to finish above Spurs after everybody was jizzing over how good they were and saying our squad was bottom half-quality and/or no better than Leeds' when they went down :lol: - though like I said earlier, starting off well next season is more important because we shouldn't be spending lengthy periods mid-table.

LOL who the fuck said that? The only "good" players we had weren't anywhere near reaching their prime, the rest of the side was loanees/freebies that wouldn't have been good enough for a Championship side, an overweight and out of form Mark Viduka, an aging Gary Kelly, Ian Harte and Alan Smith. I'm surprised at the turn around Liverpool have had, but I wouldn't have even compared them to our team the year before we went down.

Happy with the premiership results this weekend even if the refereeing decisions were a bit dodgy ( :pervert: ), I still expect Man Utd to win it, but it's nice to know it's theoretically back in Chelsea's hands (of course it's dependant on outscoring Man Utd, even if they beat them next weekend). I'd say a 1 goal win won't be enough for Chelsea next week (unless they thrash Everton or Newcastle), needs to be at least 2 which is always going to be very difficult at Old Trafford.

I think it evened out. Arsenal should've had a clear penalty over the Vidic handball and I think the foul on Owen was also a clear pen. If Arsenal were better in front on goal, they would've won this by 3 or 4 because United were awful.

I think it evened out. Arsenal should've had a clear penalty over the Vidic handball and I think the foul on Owen was also a clear pen. If Arsenal were better in front on goal, they would've won this by 3 or 4 because United were awful.

True, but Chelsea should've lost 1-0 yesterday :shifty:

Yeah, agreed. :P

Logging on to facebook is a stupid thing to do when idiots can air their views so wrongly. Just logged on to see a post by a rather moronic Man Utd fan saying the following; "Vidic off, penalty arsenal, van der sar save. Walcott on evra, an clichy on Owen both pens, possible hand ball on the line which is inside."

I love football but it really does attract some clueless people at times. :-\

Sounds reasonable, really. :shifty:

But you're right. Football attracts the stupidest of fans. For example, Norwich beat Ipswich 5-1 the other week. Norwich are second in the league, we're 12th. But after this defeat, I logged onto see comments such as 'Norwich got lucky and we are still the better team.' Football fans are baffling with their logic.

Just renewed my season ticket! :D

Shame I'll be getting married on the first day of the new season... *crosses fingers for Sunday kick-off*

"Ah well, glad that's over. Toodles, my dear wife. I'm off to the Bridge." :shifty:

• Like 1

LOL who the fuck said that? The only "good" players we had weren't anywhere near reaching their prime, the rest of the side was loanees/freebies that wouldn't have been good enough for a Championship side, an overweight and out of form Mark Viduka, an aging Gary Kelly, Ian Harte and Alan Smith. I'm surprised at the turn around Liverpool have had, but I wouldn't have even compared them to our team the year before we went down.

I can't find who started it but the argument was certainly made in October and again in January. There was even discussion in this thread comparing the squads. It may have been General that started it off. Ages back, when Liverpool were looking like they were headed for a relegation battle.

Ah, I forgot about the in-thread search function. Jordan/Starvinho and The General both said the Leeds team/squad was better, or "hell of a lot better" in Jordan's words. But eh, not that I'm petty or anything :shifty:

• Like 1

Ah, I forgot about the in-thread search function. Jordan/Starvinho and The General both said the Leeds team/squad was better, or "hell of a lot better" in Jordan's words. But eh, not that I'm petty or anything :shifty:

That was before signing Suarez and Carroll I said that right? I still stand by the comparisons of the two squads at that point, the difference being Liverpool did something about it and got out of trouble. Huge props to what Kenny and the squad have done since though, it would be a massive achievement for Liverpool to finish fifth this season.

I said we'd finish 6th if we got around to sacking Hodgson all along because nobody was really looking like a cert to finish in the top half besides last season's top 5 by that point, and I'm still adamant we had the 6th best squad in the league from the start. But I thought 6th would be the absolute highest, so if we finish 5th I'll be pleasantly surprised - just not as surprised as most it seems. I don't think the addition of Carroll and Suarez has done as much to bump us up as having a more suited manager and better team morale either, though it's obviously helped.

• Like 1