Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

That was the case for a while and then our form dipped a little, but we've been strong again recently so possibly. Hopefully the momentum continues into next season but for some reason we tend to finish strong and start horribly again the next season most of the time.

I've noticed Andy Carroll looks oddly like Edge.

A bit off-topic but does anyone else think Roberto Martinez looks and sounds like Alberto Del Rio, he's a dead ringer!

Blatant penalty, shocked they missed that one. No doubt we'll get the typical 'OMGZ REFEREE FAVOURS UNITED' bollocks. It's a shit decision though that's for sure.

Average so far. Fabio has once again looked like our best player, though the entire back line has played great outside of the handball. Hernandez hasn't been given a single thing up top, feel sorry for him really. Anderson is being his usual self, sometimes brilliant, sometimes awful, sadly he's decided to be pretty poor so far today. Hoping we can step it up a bit in the second.

Evens it's self out if you wanna look at it like that considering bad decisions yesterday helped Chelsea stay in the title race.

Vidic is pushing a fine line though

I saw the goal snapshot and instinctively thought "Oh fuck, United have scored... this one's over"

Then I saw it was Arsenal :o

Personally, I don't care who wins the title this season, both United and Chelsea are about as bad as each other. What I do want to see however is Alex Ferguson getting angrier and angrier from the touchline, that NEVER gets old :D

Watched the final 30 seconds. :shifty:

The best thing to come out of this weekend? It is now mathematically impossible for me to be forced to watch United lift the trophy when I go to Old Trafford next weekend. Even if they beat Chelsea, which they probably will.

Still laughing at the people who thought the title race was over weeks ago. Much better second half, our own fault for leaving it till halfway through the second half to begin to dominate the game. Draw would of probably been a fairer result, but we've only got ourselves to blame. Two penalty shouts in the second half for us too, both likely, though not as blatant as the Arsenal one. These things happen though, simple as.

Tough next weekend. It's Chelsea, who I never write off. On their day they're capable of beating us that's for sure, pretty nervous to be honest.

...which they did last season at OT, remember.

Yes. And last season Chelsea thrashed Sunderland 7-2 at home.

I don't use last season as evidence for a damned thing.

Besides, if Chelsea did go top on goal difference, the final day of the season sees them travel to Everton (who we love drawing against) while United get Blackpool at home to score 3+ against. Don't see it happening.