Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

If United don't win the league this year i will leave EWB forever!

I think even Man United fans of EWB will be hoping that Chelsea win the league in that case.

I'm quite sure if certain people wanted you gone, viperlike, the outcome of the league wouldn't matter...

And part of me is so happy for Torres - I don't want to be happy for him, but I am. It'll be interesting to see how much the media have changed their minds on him after this goal.

And so, Arsenal slump to another defeat (with a goal from DANNY STURRIDGE). Odds are this will leave them too depressed to offer any kind of resistance to United next week (not that they weren't already doomed to choke...).

Ah well. At least Chelsea are now even more odds on to finish second.

1500 BST: Man Utd midfielder Darron Gibson has left Twitter less than two hours after joining the social networking site because of the abuse he received from fans.

I think Rio has been going round getting the United players to join Twitter, Rooney joined yesterday too. Gibbo obviously couldn't hack it.

Gibsons a pussy haha just cause a few people said some stuff on twitter boohoo get over it, your getting a ton of money a week to play football and your gonna let a few comments on twitter upset you?

Yeh I don't believe Rio saying that Gibson got bored of twitter.

Also Blackburn are playing well, more than holding their own against Man.City imo, if they can get a point in this game it'll be vital in their chances of staying up.

Tottenahm have to beat City in order to have any chance of getting that 4th place, in my opinion. The fact that the FA Cup is scheduled close to that game could work in Spurs favour, but on their current form, I'm not sure I see them winning it.

If Spurs didn't have to play us, Chelsea and Man.City then I would have probably said they'd get 4th but I think it's City's to blow really they've got a decent few fixtures remaining. Although I'm not ruling Spurs out though but they really need City to drop some points and beat them.

With Gibson, maybe, he realised there's no requirement to have Twitter, it probably wouldn't help him with his life in any way, and a lot of people seemed keen to use it just to abuse it so he thought "fuck it, I don't need it.."

Or he could just be a sensitive little girl and fucking pathetic etc. etc.

Not that I want to jump to the defence of average to decent Man Utd footballers or anything.

Edited by IAceI

What? I swear we had this conversation a few pages back? They changed it so that in the case a team who wins either cup already has a European spot, the spot then becomes open to the next highest league spot. In this case, it would be Liverpool.

Right? Or did I read that completley wrong.

Yeah, it's now like:

If the FA Cup winner qualifies for the Champions League, the runner up qualifies for the Europa League providing they haven't already qualified for Europe. If the FA Cup winner qualifies for the Europa League by league position, the FA Cup qualification instead goes to 6th (or 7th if the League Cup winner qualifies for Europe? Or do the same rules apply for the runner up in that too?).

Seems like a strange system but if it gets rid of some of the safety of finishing 6th or 7th and getting into Europe I don't mind too much, even though Liverpool are likely to be affected. We're qualifying for the Champions League next season anyway, let's face it :shifty:

Sunderland suffer Gyan and Welbeck injury blow

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has revealed that strikers Asamoah Gyan and Danny Welbeck are likely to miss the rest of the season through injury.

The duo were both withdrawn with hamstring injuries during Saturday's 4-2 win against Wigan Athletic in the Premier League.

"We're unlikely to have Gyan and Welbeck for the rest of the season," Bruce told BBC Newcastle.

"That was disappointing as we're training with 13 men now."

Their win against Wigan seems even more massive now, with only 13 fit first team players they could have been fucked if they lost.