World Cup 2010 Thread

Argentina coach Diego Maradona has hit out at Brazil legend Pele and former France star Michel Platini.

Maradona said Pele should "go back to the museum" after the ex-Brazil striker was quoted claiming he had only taken the job because he needed the money.

ahahahahahaha. :wub:

This... they... wow.

They really shouldn't allow referees from places like the Seychelles, who've clearly never seen a football before, referee at the World Cup. What the fuck is he doing out there?

1-0 Chile. At least the goal was good.

I actually thought the reffing was pretty good. There were a few "Huh, really?" moment - Palacios' yellow and the one where the Chilean player was brought down basically clear through, but the Chileans were diving an awful lot in the first half and they got the nothing they deserved for it.

Holy crapbiscuits shit are you ever behind the times Matzat >_>

With the first round of matches over, what players have impressed you so far? To me, the two young talents that have really stood out have been Ozil for Germany and Alexis Sanchez for Chile. These were against pretty poor opposition but they definitely looked like great players. The other highly-tipped players seemed to have struggled (Gourcuff, Di Maria etc.) That Elia guy for Holland impressed too. Only the second time I've seen him (both times off the bench) but he has looked impressive both times.

Edited by Dynamite

The problem with Gorcruff is that he's playing under a manager who clearly knows nothing.

A manager who decided to bring on another striker to stick on the right when THEY HAVE FUCKING RIBERY PLAYING.

He should be lucky that he was picked ahead of other good French players who were shafted like Benzema or Nasri.

Apparently with Gourcuff the other players don't like him. His only friends in the team are Toulalan and the Bordeaux players. Plus Some of the players haven't been passing to him on purpose, ao it's bound to be hard for him to live upto expectations.

According to Adrian Chiles, NOBODY can tackle Messi :o

Looking forward to this game. Interested to see if Argentina perform better than their first game. Rooting for Korea of course, a lot of love for them. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually held Argentina today, should be a good test for them.

I'm really hoping for a Korean result because it'll put a bit of an end to the Argentinian hype machine for a while. They didn't look THAT great in their first game.

Also, I found out on the Baddiel and Skinner World Cup podcast today that England couldn't use the Jabulani ball in their last game at Wembley because Umbro wouldn't allow it due to the sponsorship deal. Nice. <_<