World Cup 2010 Thread

Nowhere near a free kick. >.< Iniesta fell over, the Swiss guy just happened to be there. Shame we can't blame Howard Webb.

They do deserve something though, just for the sheer audacity of continuing to cross the ball into the box when it's Villa vs. 6-7 Swiss defenders.

Edited by Farmer Reil

When it comes to "supporting" other countries....Do you cheer for Spain, Italy etc etc or do you want upset after upset as long as it doesn't involve your country?

Personally I'd love Spain, France, Italy, Argentina etc etc etc to get knocked out as soon as possible. The fewer hard game possibilities when we scrape through the group, the better.

EDIT: In fact it's often easier to take a shine to the weaker teams.

So anyway, as an extra question, which teams are you cheering for after this first round of matches?

I'm with England, Japan, South Korea, Slovakia, Ivory Coast (cos of the others in their group)

AND SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

I missed the first half but I'm looking forward to seeing a few goals here, I'm behind Spain all the way. I'd love to see them step up and provide a bit of excitement here.

Balls.

As for teams I'm supporting: Spain, Uruguay, South Africa (all the African teams really, but SA moreso), North Korea (after that performance against Brazil...) and Honduras. Chile a little bit, since they have the potential to do a South Korea '02.

I think if Brazil, Argentina et al get knocked out early on, it sort of devalues a World Cup win for England. Since everyone in England would be "woo, we won the World Cup" and everyone else would be "yeah, against Mexico".

If this ends 1-1, I'm going to riot. I don't care who wins, or even if it ends 3-3 or something, but if this only has one more goal in it and ends in a draw, that would be fucking shit.

Edited by Farmer Reil

When it comes to "supporting" other countries....Do you cheer for Spain, Italy etc etc or do you want upset after upset as long as it doesn't involve your country?

Personally I'd love Spain, France, Italy, Argentina etc etc etc to get knocked out as soon as possible. The fewer hard game possibilities when we scrape through the group, the better.

EDIT: In fact it's often easier to take a shine to the weaker teams.

So anyway, as an extra question, which teams are you cheering for after this first round of matches?

I'm with England, Japan, South Korea, Slovakia, Ivory Coast (cos of the others in their group)

AND SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

England and Italy as always are my main ones. Soft spot for South Korea as well, so cheering them on. Quite like Ghana and Serbia too.

As for teams I'm rooting against, just Spain really. Whoever they play, I want them to lose.