World Cup 2010 Thread

Korea came so close :crying:

I wonder what happened if they somehow got far enough in the tournament to face South Korea? Would they not compete on the grounds that they don't recognise them, or something?

They played a few times in the qualifiers. The game in North Korea had to be played in a neutral area in China because they wouldn't hoist the South Korea flag or allow them to play the anthem or anything. The game in South Korea was the time the North Koreans accused the South of deliberately giving them food poisoning. So I guess that they would play each other seeing as how they've done so twice recently, but it'd be quite interesting how they react to the anthem and stuff.

This... they... wow.

They really shouldn't allow referees from places like the Seychelles, who've clearly never seen a football before, referee at the World Cup. What the fuck is he doing out there?

1-0 Chile. At least the goal was good.

I wouldn't have expected a ref from Uzbekistan to be the best ref on show so far. I don't think you can base a ref's skills on where he comes from. God knows the one from England is a shit.

• Like 1

Geez ... well this is Honduras for you.

Too bad for them they were 'off' today. Very frustrating team to watch because when they're 'on' they can cause serious problems for you. Unfortunately for them, Chile is pretty much a quicker/faster/more skillful version of themselves.